You can type here any text you want

a volkswagon ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

no-nos

well while heading over to ivan's ( our local tranny guy, had to go see him cause the governer needs to be adjusted or replaced, so needless to say i can't build up boost from a dead start) so there i was mad as hell that my converter was slowing me down, whem a volkswagon gulf ( black with some type of red letters on the side) pulls up and starts giving it gas in front of me, i don't do anything , so the guy comes next to my car and we start talking and driving, and i told him my converters gone bad, he's like yeah sure!, so i said fock-it shook me head at him and nailed my new alky, and to my surprise the gn ran perfect, so i look at the rear view mirror and see him trying to catch-up, ha! when i got to my exit he just smiled and gave me the thumbs up. it was nice but my converter is running like $hit and a volkswagon gulf :confused: ( it was small and black )

That was the VW GTI. Fast little car once you get it going. Damn thing will do 100mph all day long. They're built for the Autobahn and a lot of fun to drive. I used to own one. Depending on the year, it's a 2.0 and possible the Turbo edition. Don't know how much boost they run, but they can be made rather fast.

Even so, they aren't as fast (or as fun) as a Turbo Buick!

ah ha! that explains it, it did look like new and your right not as much fun as our buicks, just order'd the art carr 9 inch non-lock up can't wait to see how it feels :)

zeus87gn said:
That was the VW GTI. Fast little car once you get it going. Damn thing will do 100mph all day long. They're built for the Autobahn and a lot of fun to drive. I used to own one. Depending on the year, it's a 2.0 and possible the Turbo edition. Don't know how much boost they run, but they can be made rather fast.

Even so, they aren't as fast (or as fun) as a Turbo Buick!
there not a 2.0 liter the only turbo version is the 1.8 and they run 8-10psi stock

Lucky for you your exit came up.
I was racing my cuz on the NJ tp I had my needle pined
And this VW blew right past us and we couldn’t keep up
I my con.was locked up and my rpm was at about 5800 to 6000 so I backed of
My cuz got a little closer but not close enough.
also don't fck with the nsx on the high way they will get you and pass you
I know I got killed by the same nsx twice.i had him to about 100 after that it was gone.

also don't fck with the nsx on the high way they will get you and pass you
I know I got killed by the same nsx twice.i had him to about 100 after that it was gone.[/QUOTE]

i smoked an nsx a couple of years ago with my other gn, i imagine he would have caught me sooner or later but i smoked him for almost 5 blocks before we both slowed down, and yes i know in the long run they'll get us.

10secclub said:
there not a 2.0 liter the only turbo version is the 1.8 and they run 8-10psi stock
My bad, I thought they only did the 2.0 nowadays. Good to know the 1.8 is still out there. Good motor. I beat the he!! out of ming for 236k miles and it was still running like a top when i rolled it through a field (cuz I'm a dumb a$$). It would still do 100mph all day long.

Back