You can type here any text you want

AAAAGH!!!! Dent popping in quarter panel on launch.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

disco stu

I have poly body bushings, a 6 pt bar with the rear bars to the rear X member, with 2 kickbacks going from the rear bars to the rear frame horns. I have a 1 5/8's crossmember added to the frame at the kickups. This is with a 1" notch. I also have rear seat braces from a long time ago, but I don't think they help it at this point. The car is so stiff if I put it on 4 jackstands on the frame, it will not rest on 1 jackstand, so I put the stands under the rear now.

When I launch I get a basketball size dent that pops in and then pops back out. :eek: It has not done any damage, but I sure as hell don't like it.

I see all the faster cars with that dent. I questioned you either on this board or the other one if the extra two bars where going to help with the notch. Jack cotton has a permanent crease that probably would need a little help to pop back out. I also wondered what other mods is needed to avoid that from happening.

I don't know, but I need to think of something.

I forgot to mention previously that I also have a HR swaybar. The car launches nice and level and does not look like the chassis is twisting. But I guess it is. This is as viewed on the driver side of the car. I don't know what the passenger side is doing.

disco stu said:
No I do not.

Probably what you dont have is the body tied to the frame. When I used to do cages (too much time and not enough money!) The main hoop and the front and rear bars go through the floor and THROUGH the frame, welded around the top and bottom of the frame and also welded to the floor with a 6x6 plate. I think this will take care of that issue. Improper preload setting will cause the chassis to twist as well even if the car seems to be going straight.

Just a thought.the car will not sit on 4 jack stands.........can we losen the frame mount to body bolts....and fill any gaps from the mount to the body with shims??

This is from a bodymans perspective.

frame could have a twist built into it.. shims can take the twist out of the body...

Back