You can type here any text you want

ABS on B4 black cars

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
I went to my old school today and some old lady driving a GMC Envoy decided to pull out too far to see around a row of parked cars and had her nose IN a 30 mph street. I see her pull out while Im doing 30 and had to slam hard on the brakes... The car did not skid, lock up, leave a trail odf smoke and rubber, nothing, the car quickly came to a stop comfortably even though the rear brakes are drum brakes... Whats your take on this....

Maybe our senior citizens should take another drivers test @ 65 huh... you may be reading a future TurboLounge thread:biggrin:

I went to my old school today and some old lady driving a GMC Envoy decided to pull out too far to see around a row of parked cars and had her nose IN a 30 mph street. I see her pull out while Im doing 30 and had to slam hard on the brakes... The car did not skid, lock up, leave a trail of smoke and rubber, nothing, the car quickly came to a stop comfortably even though the rear brakes are drum brakes... Whats your take on this....

Maybe our senior citizens should take another drivers test @ 65 huh... you may be reading a future TurboLounge thread:biggrin:

I drove 95 miles today and some ignorant Dodge PU was tail gaiting.:mad: He almost caued a wreck on one of the busiest interstate highways in the country because he wanted to where-ever faster than he needed to. I was lucky because there was room in the "slow" lane and could swerve to avoid the idiot. Any questions?

I went to my old school today and some old lady driving a GMC Envoy decided to pull out too far to see around a row of parked cars and had her nose IN a 30 mph street. I see her pull out while Im doing 30 and had to slam hard on the brakes... The car did not skid, lock up, leave a trail odf smoke and rubber, nothing, the car quickly came to a stop comfortably even though the rear brakes are drum brakes... Whats your take on this....

I do not want to tell you how to drive but be very carefull racing the turbo car around small streets,The car can make moves faster and other drivers do not realize youre coming up so fast and bam they pull out right in front of you. B e esepcially carefull in the rain the old regals will skid right into another car.

I had to avoid a few of these so far i just drive normal around small streets till i hit long streches then i am out..;)

I do not want to tell you how to drive but be very carefull racing the turbo car around small streets,The car can make moves faster and other drivers do not realize youre coming up so fast and bam they pull out right in front of you. B e esepcially carefull in the rain the old regals will skid right into another car.

I had to avoid a few of these so far i just drive normal around small streets till i hit long streches then i am out..;)

I was goind the speed limit in a school zone with no reduced speed sign. Senior citizens need to take another drivers test!!! @ 65

You're brakes are working like they should!! ;)

Lucky! I don`t know if its the cold weather or what, but my brakes suck a$$:mad: The breaks work the first time I stop, but when I got to hit them again I have to floor the pedal just to slow it down! It has never done this before, but the car hasn't seen snow in 20 years. The brake fluid is full and has no leaks, just replaced both rear cylinders last summer. Maybe its a vacuum leak?

Could be both... I just remembered that I have a spare master in the garage, I`ll replace that while I`m working on the engine:biggrin:

My brakes suck ass. New master cylinder new booster....makes no differance. To stop you have to really push hard on the pedal and even then it's a slower stop then most other Regals and cars I've driven. This car has always been like that. Luckily I never tailgate and I am very careful to stay two car lengths from the guy in front of me, (guys behind me can't stand that...screw 'em :mad:).

Pads, rotors, shoes, drums..everything new. Good solid brake but stopping power still sucks. I gave up. That's why I'm thinking of a total upgrade using modern brake systems. The elimination of all that OEM weight could only help.

1985 s10 with 7/8 bore. ask charlie he said something about s10 front brake upgrade with duel pistons.

He'll get around to posting knowing him. Is this a bolt-on upgrade or does it require some modding.

Yeah I was reading till my eyes blurred. Jeez...one has to fly through alot of BS to get to the meat. I wonder about those duel calipers. I wonder if lighter aluminum after-market bolt-on caliper and rotors are available for that year S-10. (The OEM S-10 spindle is a must have part in order to make it work).

I wonder if anyone researched that. Easy availability of replacement parts is the beauty of that conversion.

Yeah I was reading till my eyes blurred. Jeez...one has to fly through alot of BS to get to the meat. I wonder about those duel calipers. I wonder if lighter aluminum after-market bolt-on caliper and rotors are available for that year S-10. (The OEM S-10 spindle is a must have part in order to make it work).

I wonder if anyone researched that. Easy availability of replacement parts is the beauty of that conversion.

The dual piston S-10 conversion is already posted Freddie. It's in the brake and suspension section. I'll see if I can find a link for you if you can't find it. You can also up grade your stock spindle but it aint cheap and it requires machine work and a 16" tire minimum. Same with upgrading the S-10 one. Since the S-10 one is an 11" and the stock one is a 10.5" you get much better brakes from the get go.

As far as the master and booster get a hydro boost and you'll be very happy. It does weigh more but stopping power is fantastic.

My brakes suck ass. New master cylinder new booster....makes no differance. To stop you have to really push hard on the pedal

If they're that bad, something must be wrong. Check to see if the power booster holds a vacuum.
I just did a disk swap on my 66 and had no power assist. Turned out to be a missing seal on the power booster behind the master cylinder. Caused a huge vacuum leak.

Back