You can type here any text you want

ABS on B4 black cars

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
No leaks ....

Been this way since I owned it. Going on twenty years. My brakes should be better. Doses'nt matter what one does to them. After I installed the new power booster a year ago I gave up. Made absolutely no differance what-so-ever.

There is one fairly cheap mod you can do Freddie. I think it's US brakes that makes an oversized piston caliper that's a direct bolt on. A lot of the dirt track guys use them as well as some of the members on here. They cost around $50 each side if you do a little looking. Just replace the calipers and go. No other mods.

There is one fairly cheap mod you can do Freddie. I think it's US brakes that makes an oversized piston caliper that's a direct bolt on. A lot of the dirt track guys use them as well as some of the members on here. They cost around $50 each side if you do a little looking. Just replace the calipers and go. No other mods.

++ 1 for sneaky dirt track ""stock looking"" oversize calipers.

A.j.

Good stuff. Wallet is weak around the holidays so this is a great suggestion. But I like the looks thing too and the Blazer stuff looks very nice. Just was wondering if aluminum calipers were made to fit them.

I wonder if flushing the brakes, (never ever been done), has something to do with it, or is that just bunk and a newer way to get to your wallet, (a DIY kit is available).:rolleyes:

Good stuff. Wallet is weak around the holidays so this is a great suggestion. But I like the looks thing too and the Blazer stuff looks very nice. Just was wondering if aluminum calipers were made to fit them.

I wonder if flushing the brakes, (never ever been done), has something to do with it, or is that just bunk and a newer way to get to your wallet, (a DIY kit is available).:rolleyes:

You've never flushed the system?:eek: You need to do that so the fluid doesn't have problems Freddie.:eek: Please flush the system and see if it works better. Brake fluid is hydroscopic and will suck water out of the air which lowers the boiling temp. Do the flush and report back. Your brake fluid may litterally be boiling when you try to brake.:biggrin:

You've never flushed the system?:eek: You need to do that so the fluid doesn't have problems Freddie.:eek: Please flush the system and see if it works better. Brake fluid is hydroscopic and will suck water out of the air which lowers the boiling temp. Do the flush and report back. Your brake fluid may litterally be boiling when you try to brake.:biggrin:

huh... good to see you charlie! (UR Always on here when Im on here:D) Um now I have break problems. I might have to flush out the break system because when i break hard sometimes the nose tends to swerve and veer. I cant get the rims off because I need a knockoff tool to check my rotors to see if they are warped. I might need to flush the lines or one of the lines may be clogged so it breakes unevenly... sound about right?

Wilwood

shooot I may just get some oversized willwood or brembos, and get rid of those stupid POS rear drum breaks. F&F here I come:biggrin:

huh... good to see you charlie! (UR Always on here when Im on here:D) Um now I have break problems. I might have to flush out the break system because when i break hard sometimes the nose tends to swerve and veer. I cant get the rims off because I need a knockoff tool to check my rotors to see if they are warped. I might need to flush the lines or one of the lines may be clogged so it breakes unevenly... sound about right?

If it's going to one side I'd replace the brake hoses on the front. You may have one that's gone bad. If that's the case the replace both of them so you have even pressure for the front brakes.:smile:

shooot I may just get some oversized willwood or brembos, and get rid of those stupid POS rear drum breaks. F&F here I come. :biggrin:

I don't believe you posted that kid. that's one of the worst things you can even think about here.:tongue::biggrin:

If it's going to one side I'd replace the brake hoses on the front. You may have one that's gone bad. If that's the case the replace both of them so you have even pressure for the front brakes.:smile:

I don't believe you posted that kid. that's one of the worst things you can even think about here.:tongue::biggrin:

got your attention, sorry ive been reading the turbo notes. Whats wrong with the wilwood breaks, seem good to me.. and will someone tell me WHERE the turbo LIGHT SCREW IS!!! been looking for it forever.

The F&F comment kid. They've done more to ruin the image of responsible drivers than any one. Wilwood makes good products but they're kinda pricey to me. They're less expensive options out there.

The F&F comment kid. They've done more to ruin the image of responsible drivers than any one. Wilwood makes good products but they're kinda pricey to me. They're less expensive options out there.

I was kidding, I f-ed up:biggrin: Im a responsible driver, besides the donuts in the snow, and ahem, trying to test out the turbo light, and seeing if the turbo makes the girls scream:biggrin::biggrin: My insurance is cheap @ 260 bucks, with good grades and my foot off of the pedal Ill be okay, better than my F&F wannabe honda fad friends with 700 dollar insurance:eek:

Lol....:biggrin:. I'm good Charlie. This car rarely leaves my driveway now-a-days.
Funny how back in the day when I was a 'Pro' grease monkey, (1970's), it was'nt part of the program.

Yep, never ever flushed the brakes on any of the cars I ever owned. It's not very difficult to do especially since I have speed bleeders on all my cars. I guess I better start adopting this type of daily maintenance. Thanks bro!

I learned the hard way about contaminated brake fluid. I was going over 100 and hit the brakes. They went straight to the floor like nothing was in the system. Talk about a pucker factor. After the car got down to around 70 I had brakes again. The next day I flushed the brakes and do it fairly regular so nothing like this ever happens again.

Back