Ac condenser?

Blacky

Drive it like you stole it
Looking for a new ac condenser. The spectra 7-4013 I bought seams to not fit. The lower ac line hits a panel under the radiator support/ header support. Any help here is appreciated. Shoot me what you got. On lockdown so working away on a 86 GN.;)
Blacky

That looks similar to the one I used a few years back. Worked good..... I think size wise was a little smaller, but with some small adjustments was able to get it held down snug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks fellow members. The spectra 7-4013 is said to be correct for our car but in my pictures you can see the lower ac line has the paint rubbed off where it hit the header support in picture 2? :unsure::oops:
IMG_20200407_102809.jpg
IMG_20200407_102915.jpg
IMG_20200407_102915.jpg
IMG_20200407_102915.jpgIMG_20200407_102809.jpg

Thanks fellow members. The spectra 7-4013 is said to be correct for our car but in my pictures you can see the lower ac line has the paint rubbed off where it hit the header support in picture 2? :unsure::oops:View attachment 352475

Every car is a bit different and the tooling for these parts is forty years old. Almost everything is going to be beat to fit and paint to match. Bend the lower A/C line so it's not touching.

Every car is a bit different and the tooling for these parts is forty years old. Almost everything is going to be beat to fit and paint to match. Bend the lower A/C line so it's not touching.
;)Thanks turbo6inky. Thought about that but didn't want to break anything, Maybe a real mechanic has a tool to bend aluminum.

Looking for a new ac condenser. The spectra 7-4013 I bought seams to not fit. The lower ac line hits a panel under the radiator support/ header support. Any help here is appreciated. Shoot me what you got. On lockdown so working away on a 86 GN.;)
Blacky

I’ve got a used original GM AC condenser removed from my GN
$50 plus shipping

;)Thanks turbo6inky. Thought about that but didn't want to break anything, Maybe a real mechanic has a tool to bend aluminum.

I just use my arm. It's been pretty reliable so far.

Hey Chuck
Do you know were to get a dual pass unit? I'm not even sure what that means but I like the part about being a bit more efficient.;) Any brand or part # would help. I'd like to do this right the first time.
Blacky

Hey Chuck
Do you know were to get a dual pass unit? I'm not even sure what that means but I like the part about being a bit more efficient.;) Any brand or part # would help. I'd like to do this right the first time.
Blacky

The one I linked above is dual pass.

All that means is the tubes loop back and forth twice for each row vertically. The OEM was single pass. Almost all of the replacements are dual. It's a more efficient design made possible by more recent manufacturing processes, and it allows you to get the cooling out of R134a that we used to get with R12 and a single pass

Thanks for the clarity turbo6inky. I thought your reference to Chucks post might have been confirming the dual pass. Thanks again as the dual pass is more clear now. I'll have to research if spectra 7-4013 is DUAL PASS.
Blacky