You can type here any text you want

accel gen. 6 timing question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

slopokin

i would like to know if the accel gen 6 dfi reads 4deg. less timing on buicks . for example is 20deg. actually 24deg. second question is, can an ignition sputter in high rpm wihtout showing knock? any and all help will be greatly appreciated . thanks

I am not an expert but...

There will be a difference, you have to figure out how far your is off. Put your whole timing map to one value, then check it with a timing light that will work with a waste spark system. The difference between the two will be your error.

I believe the Gen 6 ECU used a fixed crank reference angle of 6 degrees. Since the Buick crank sensor triggers at 10 degrees, there would be a 4 degree offset in the programmed timing values vs. what you you would see on a light. Others here are more knowledgeable on DFI systems and hopefully will verify this.

i thought i read that before i bought my dfi , with that being true is it possible to have sputtering without showing knock in the data logger with the timing to far advanced? i need to know if i'm looking in the right direction. thanks

Back