Adjustable wastegate actuator

luisturbog

UNDERDOG HOT AIR !!!!!!!
Who sells a new wastegate actuator for hot air cars? Mine snapped at the base of the thread & I'd like to acquire a new one.

Who sells a new wastegate actuator for hot air cars? Mine snapped at the base of the thread & I'd like to acquire a new one.

Kirbans sells a new single hose one as well as a HD one. They work just fine. It will need another hole drilled in the bracket in order for it to sit lower and not hit the hoodliner. Brad

Kirbans sells a new single hose one as well as a HD one. They work just fine. It will need another hole drilled in the bracket in order for it to sit lower and not hit the hoodliner. Brad
Like Pisano says, how do u eliminate boost solenoid & would I still be able to pass smog?

Like Pisano says, how do u eliminate boost solenoid & would I still be able to pass smog?
I disconnected my waste gate solinoid and all is good up to 20 ibs boost. I have no idea of the effect on smog because IL does not test or inspect any car older than 1994. Disconnecting the wastegate solinoid will require you to retune for no knock though. Brad

I disconnected my waste gate solinoid and all is good up to 20 ibs boost. I have no idea of the effect on smog because IL does not test or inspect any car older than 1994. Disconnecting the wastegate solinoid will require you to retune for no knock though. Brad

i dont want to sound stupid but what exactly is tuning the car

ive read it alot but dont know what they mean exactly

i dont want to sound stupid but what exactly is tuning the car

ive read it alot but dont know what they mean exactly

Tuning- You have to install a powerlogger, TT chip and preferably a wide band o2 sensor and boost guage. This allows you the ability to adjust IAC, TPS, timing and fuel. This way you get the most HP for your setup and avoid knock at all costs. It is a long process if done correctly and it is well worth it if that is your goal. Saves on blown headgaskets. Brad

i looked in the sticky and they mention it but you say if you go this route i can send you modified install instructions

i looked in the sticky and they mention it but you say if you go this route i can send you modified install instructions
Yes- The single hose actuator works just fine. The bracket is different than the two hose actuator. If you use the stock mounting holes on the bracket when bolting to the turbo it will sit too high and hit the hoodliner. I simply drilled a new mounting bracket hole and have the actuator sit lower. I can send a PIC is you want. Brad

Hey brad looks like I might have to go with the one hose wastegate actuator if I don't find another 2 hose one ... I'd like to see a pic of what ur referring too if I may please

O SO LO said:
I have this one on my car- it is the 87 style the top hole is elongated (oval shape) to fit on to the turbo- the 84 replacement will come with directions to tell you which hose to cap off or eliminate...

http://www.kirbanperformance.com/product/196/ADJUSTABLE+WASTEGATE+ACTUATOR+#6696.html

Thanks for that link osolo just wat I was looking for ...so let me ask by elongating the holes that helped fitment but did that also help from rubbing on the hoodliner and damaging it like I've read in past post?

IMG_0627.JPG
Look at the PIC. I drilled a new hole in the 86-87 bracket towards the bottom. You can see the original hole ar well. This lowers the heigth of the whole actuator. Brad