You can type here any text you want

adjusting cruise control cable at throttle body

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

phillyturbosix

Staff member
Putting my car back together and when I hooked the cruise control cable back up to the throttle linkage is was too short and pulling the throttle open a little. There is a horse shoe type piece that I'm not sure where that goes. Didn't mess with it much. I figured I'd post on here in case there is a secret to adjusting/setting it up. Never had a car with cruise before! :)

Putting my car back together and when I hooked the cruise control cable back up to the throttle linkage is was too short and pulling the throttle open a little. There is a horse shoe type piece that I'm not sure where that goes. Didn't mess with it much. I figured I'd post on here in case there is a secret to adjusting/setting it up. Never had a car with cruise before! :)

the cruise has quite a bit of adjustment range at the air motor on the other end of the cable------there is a choice of several holes-----choose the one that leaves the least slack at min throttle-------i have never been able to figure out what that black plastic " U " shaped piece was------fewer than half the cars came with them...........RC

Thanks Richard! I'll give that a try. If I drive it to your event I'll need the cruise! :biggrin:

Back