adjusting cruise control cable at throttle body

phillyturbosix

Staff member
Putting my car back together and when I hooked the cruise control cable back up to the throttle linkage is was too short and pulling the throttle open a little. There is a horse shoe type piece that I'm not sure where that goes. Didn't mess with it much. I figured I'd post on here in case there is a secret to adjusting/setting it up. Never had a car with cruise before! :)

Putting my car back together and when I hooked the cruise control cable back up to the throttle linkage is was too short and pulling the throttle open a little. There is a horse shoe type piece that I'm not sure where that goes. Didn't mess with it much. I figured I'd post on here in case there is a secret to adjusting/setting it up. Never had a car with cruise before! :)

the cruise has quite a bit of adjustment range at the air motor on the other end of the cable------there is a choice of several holes-----choose the one that leaves the least slack at min throttle-------i have never been able to figure out what that black plastic " U " shaped piece was------fewer than half the cars came with them...........RC

Thanks Richard! I'll give that a try. If I drive it to your event I'll need the cruise! :biggrin: