Adjusting tps voltage at wot

SwingOp3

I searched like crazy but could not find how to adjust the tps for wot voltage. Do I need to do adjustments with the car at wot(off, of course)? I can't it past 4.2 v.

It's "generally" accepted that your TPS should be at least 4.50 volts at WOT. I have also read that it takes less to be treated as WOT, and also read that it takes >4.7 volts to turn off the A/C at WOT (as the car was designed to do).

Adjustment is done with key in the run position, but the engine not running.

Sometimes it's tricky to get .42 - .44 at idle and then >4.50 at WOT (gas pedal pressed to the floor). If you take a drill bit and elongate the holes (towards the connector end of the holes), by another 1/16" or so, this can help. You then push the connector "back" on the retaining screws -- that is move the whole tps sensor horizontally towards the firewall so that the retainer screws are closest to the TPS connector.

HTH

If you take a drill bit and elongate the holes (towards the connector end of the holes), by another 1/16" or so, this can help. You then push the connector "back" on the retaining screws -- that is move the whole tps sensor horizontally towards the firewall so that the retainer screws are closest to the TPS connector.

HTH

good idea :cool:

ds

You don't need to adjust it. 4.2 volts is considered plenty high for WOT in the program. You can adjust it higher but it won't gain you anything.

With the ignition ON and the engine OFF, you should be able to achieve .42 with the throttle closed and 4.50 to 4.65 with the throttle wide open.

You want to loosen both the TPS adjustment bolts, push the bottom of the TPS toward the front of the car, while pivoting the top of the TPS to find .42. Once you find .42 snug the top bolt. The wide open throttle should be 4.50 to 4.65. If you don't get it the first time keep trying.

Once you get .42 closed and 4.50 to 4.65 wide open with the ignition ON and the engine OFF, snug both TPS bolts down. Check it again to confirm nothing moved.

Start the engine, you should have .44 at idle.

Done.

that magic WOT number.... pick a card...any card..lol
really if you find good number and still have probs, have a buddy depress the peddle then while watching scan, set your WOT then when he releases, tap it around untill you get your idle number then double check once bolts are tight

Well, I've been doing like you guys said for a while but still can't seem to get any more than 4.3v. I did have the throttle adjustment set to have the tranny shift a little crisper and tried to set that back to "normal" mode. I'm wondering if that is complicating this seemingly simple procedure. I'll keep at it though.

Thanks for the help.

Well, I've been doing like you guys said for a while but still can't seem to get any more than 4.3v. I did have the throttle adjustment set to have the tranny shift a little crisper and tried to set that back to "normal" mode. I'm wondering if that is complicating this seemingly simple procedure. I'll keep at it though.

Thanks for the help.

do one thing that might save you a lot of trouble------with the tps off the throttle body but still hooked up move it to the extreme position and make sure it goes to 5 volts------i have seen some (one aftermarket brand in particular) that will not go to the full 5v even if it is done off the throttle body-----if you have this problem to start with you have little or no chance of success at getting in the 4.6+ range-------if it will go to 5 volts off the engine you just have to be patient with slotting the mounts till you get it-------when you get close you have to go back and forth between no throttle and full throttle cause they both have to be within spec when you are done.............RC