Aftermarket GNX flares, damage to paint???

Ryan

CEO/Founder Nakslist.com
Has anyone installed a set of GNX flare and removed them? If so, how long were they on for? Notice any damage to the paint? Would like to put on a set but have a very expensive paint job.

Ryan
THE buzn half duzn

I've got my flares off right now.I had them on the car for one summer.I took them off to get them repainted.There are some scratches where the welting on the top edge of the flare meets the fender, Most of the damage occured in the fitting process.I am going to buff it out before I put the flares back on but the scratches don't show with the flares on so it's no big deal to me even if they don't buff out.Now that the fitting is over with the scratches shoudn't get worse.I don't have an exspensive paint job like you do though,my exspensive paint job will happen in 2 years.If you had another Regal to fit them to first you wouldn't scratch your paint fitting them:rolleyes: Also I dont use tape.I can get them on better and tighter with just screws.

Thanx for the 411. The car looks good. Was gonna do a Blue GNX replica then chickened out and sold all the stuff. Was thinking of putting flares on my WE4 but not the louvres.

Originally posted by Ryan
Thanx for the 411. The car looks good. Was gonna do a Blue GNX replica then chickened out and sold all the stuff. Was thinking of putting flares on my WE4 but not the louvres.
It's funny you say blue GNX.When I started my project.I bought a wrecked GN for the running gear etc.My original plan was to find a n/a Regal and do an. electric blue GNX.Couldn,t find a solid Regal,my nephew was selling his 85gn.He gave me a deal I couldn't pass up.So I settled for a black one:rolleyes:

The car looks nice.I thought a blue GNX clone was my own original idea.:confused: Oh well mine didn't happen either.