Aftermarket PCM

LeathalBoost6

I just recently put a 3.4 pulley 2.5 exhaust no cat and a FWI. I want to get a aftermarket PCM but I dont know if i should get a custom burned one or get one from Intense racing.any suggestions

E-mail Intense. Im sure they can help you out. You'll probably want to go with the standard PCM. I have one in my Buick and love it!

in GTPs and newer cars you cant get chips burnt and plug in the ECM, like turbo regals
the whole engine computer unit is reprogrammed

you have several options: Intense, ZZPerformance, C-YA

I just found the HP tuners VCM thing that you can reprogram your own PCM, does anyone have any input on it or does anyone own one

This is a little off the subject but what should a 2000 GTP run in the 1/4 with the 3.4 pulley 2.5 exhaust u bend delete and a FWI, IF YOU CAN GET THE STUPID TIRES TO HOOK lol

depends on alot of things...with a good launch i'll say low 14's

i would only go with one of the PCMs i listed above......i don't know about all this tuner things

DHP aka Digital High Performance also sells a PCM for your car. THey make really good stuff. With alot of Options. What is the direction you want to go with the car. You plan on camming it, rockers, these are things that you need to consider.

There is no one out there that does a better job on the L67 PCM than DHP. Hands down they are the best and have been around the longest. They are also the originators of the Tuned L67 W-Body PCM's.

I personally have the HP TUNERS and IT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!
This is the program that Intense uses to program there PCM's. I am not saying anything bad about Intense directly but I am saying that HP tuners is a POS program with MANY bugs. Check out their very OWN forum which many post about all the BUGS in the software.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/YaBB.pl

Intense has the best customer service yes. But they use an UNTESTED UNPROVEN program to flash PCM's. Do some research on this program on the other forums like the GrandPrix and Regal GS forums. Also search for what has happened to some with the HP tuner PCM installed.

This is just my personal opinion on this matter for what it is worth.

Robert

Originally posted by rjmjr69
There is no one out there that does a better job on the L67 PCM than DHP. Hands down they are the best and have been around the longest. They are also the originators of the Tuned L67 W-Body PCM's.

I personally have the HP TUNERS and IT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!
This is the program that Intense uses to program there PCM's. I am not saying anything bad about Intense directly but I am saying that HP tuners is a POS program with MANY bugs. Check out their very OWN forum which many post about all the BUGS in the software.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/YaBB.pl

Intense has the best customer service yes. But they use an UNTESTED UNPROVEN program to flash PCM's. Do some research on this program on the other forums like the GrandPrix and Regal GS forums. Also search for what has happened to some with the HP tuner PCM installed.

This is just my personal opinion on this matter for what it is worth.

Robert

Interested in selling your HP tuners software and hardware since it sucks?

PCM / Software

Hi,

I'll forwarn you all now, I'm slightly biased as I am a part owner of DHP; however, please do not forget to consider this as well offer a few options.

First of all, you can get a off the shelf unit from any of our retailers (pfyc.com, zzperformance.com, gfwc, 3800perf, clubgpstore, etc) for ~214. A custom unit will run you approximately $100 more.

If you want to DIY, I am preparing to ship out the pre-orders for our tuning software. Some screen shots can be seen here
Powr Tuner Link . The expected street price will be around $400 US for a single license. The price is much better than other options and we have a far more powerful product with many more parameters than the competition.

To clear up a few things said here, we did not invent aftermarket computers for the 3800 v6 market (al gore did that!, joke :D ), but we have been doing them since 2002 and we were the first company to offer (publically) custom tuning for this application. We have quite a lot of experience with these engines and all of that experience and knowledge has went into our new software.

I apologize for our website is EXTREMELY outdated at the moment , but I am finishing off some of the products and hten i'm going to clean that mess up.

thanks

charles

Oh please guys.

We have a open public forum so customers can can report bugs and get an almost instant fix. We have nothing to hide by letting everybody see problems, version history and revisions.

With that in mind I have no record of Darth Fiero reporting any problems or even downloading updates. If you have issues with your software you need to contact customer service for bug reporting and prompt updates. Darth Fiero were you one of the few who won a VCM Suite at IDD?

Originally posted by Darth Fiero
Interested in selling your HP tuners software and hardware since it sucks?

I don't think he can. If I am not mistaken this one was given away to somebody. If it is the one that was given away, I know who has it and what happened to it. In that respect, I would be interested in purchasing it.

Regards,

Ken

I meant rjmjr69 contact customer service, not Darth Fiero.

I was reading the long quote with your name on it. Sorry Darth :)

OK , im stuck i dont know if i should get the hp tuner or just get the reprogramed pcm from intense , i would get the tuner but I really dont want to blow my car up and since I know a little bit of stuff i really dont think i could use the tuner to its full potential unless Ken@hptuners you can get me a sheet of a reprogramed GTP PCM to start me off I dont think I want to get it

Originally posted by LeathalBoost6
OK , im stuck i dont know if i should get the hp tuner or just get the reprogramed pcm from intense , i would get the tuner but I really dont want to blow my car up and since I know a little bit of stuff i really dont think i could use the tuner to its full potential unless Ken@hptuners you can get me a sheet of a reprogramed GTP PCM to start me off I dont think I want to get it

Honestly, if you have never tuned a car and are not interested in learning by all means find a competent tuner.

There are two camps in the Hot Rod crowd. Those who want to go fast and do it themselves, and those who want to go fast but don't want to be bothered with the mechanical or electronics end.

Scott from Intense really knows his stuff.

Ken

I would actually recommend zooomer from zzperformance.com over scott from intense.

They are far more competent tuners both mechanically and on a dyno.

The last car they put out outdynoed (<sp>?) every other car in its class on the first run EVER and at Intense's own event, it beat every other car in its class on the first run. And it drove to the event and back home under its own power. It did not require trailering.....

It may have performed even better at the event; however, it was only allowed to make one run before they were asked to leave the track by Intense themselves .. :confused: :confused: