You can type here any text you want

Air cleaner

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

buick83-T

83' T-type
Anyone know where I can you find the open air cleaner in the shape of the removable cut out in the stock hood insulation cover? I once saw it used on a 79 TR build-up. I remember it saying how the stock air canister is restrictive. Back of the hood scoop was cut out to get the air to the air cleaner.

I did something similar. However, I Mounted the scoop centerline of the hood, back far enough to have it act as a Cowl induction.
Also made an offset air pan. Works very well.

What I did before that was run a 3" outlet K&N cone filter behind the Headlights and ran a 3" hose up to the carb hat. That worked well also.

My current setup is I have a 3" outlet K&N with a heat shield(tapered filter inside it) the inlet is a 4" with 4" aluminum hose running from filter to behind headlights.(Filter connected to the canister 3" then goes to an 4" on the inlet.)

FC227 how much has your open element benifited over the canister with K&N behind the lights?

Well I made allot of changes at the time I did that, but it diffenantlly picked up performance with the cold air.

Although mine is an N/A, I did an induction similer to a mod I saw on a 1982 Hot Rod magazine article.

I bought this huge 6" diameter vent hose off of a JC Witney catalog. (It is of very good quality despite the fact JC Witney sells alot of junk). :rolleyes:

I got a Q-Jet air filter canister off of an Buick Electra at the local bone yard. I cut the snout off for the vent host fit. Used rubber seals and clamps off of a Ford EFI induction system. It looks and works great.....

It has a definite improvement in power! :D

Click the pic link:

http://members.telocity.com/~familiadiaz/Induction.jpg

Back