You can type here any text you want

Alky question Will it work for me?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

quickt

Alky question Will it work for me? Need help here Guys

I run nothing but 116 maximal red. I run 10.80s with 25 lb of boost what should I be able to run with a good alky set up and 93 gas?? Will I need to lower the timing?? Same kind of ETs and boost levels?? Boost and ET wise just for an example. Is it worth it for a car thats is street driven say 1000 miles a year and raced maybe 50-60 passes. I am not worried about safe with race fuel I want to know if I can run the same ETs with Sunoco 94 and Alky.

Lonnie Diers

Hey lonnie I'm no expert but I don't think you will be able to get those kind of numbers with 94 and an alky system. I could run 23psi on a JL 110 chip 26deg timing but I'm no where near your ET's. I have changed to ME and ran 23psi on 93 but like I was told alky is no substitue for race gas. I think adding alky is like running on 100 octane. But like I said I'm no expert. I sold mine because I don't drive the car enough to use so with only driving it 1k a year I say forget it, though it is a GREAT kit and affordable.

Thanks for the reply 87-gn. I would drive the car more but at $6 a gallon for gas I dont. Last year was the first year I stopped using pump gas and then pumping it out to put in race fuel. I just set the car on kill and left it there and ran 116 all the time. It works much better for tuning but shure pokes a hole in the pocket. I would drive it more than 1000 miles a year if I can use Meth and pump gas and run the same ETs or faster. I dont even have a problem with a witches brew of race gas and pump gas as long as I can keep the car on kill. Its much easier to add race fuel to pump gas than pump 94 out and fill with 116 race gas. I also have a 9.5CR 4.1 and wanting to put that motor in the car. So I would like to know how it helps with a hi compression motor. Just have not seen enough info for a street car that sees more race duty than street driving.

Lonnie Diers

Back