Alky System

istretch

Hi all, back again with some new questions. I've searched the net looking for OPERATING instructions of the Alky Injection systems. All I find are INSTALLATION instructions. It's already installed on my recently purchased '87 GN; I need to know how to USE it. ie: The dial with progessive numbers; what do they mean, where do I set it. When I push the "test" button what, exactly, am I testing? What do I expect to see, hear, feel, when I push "Test"? When and why do I push "Test". What is right and wrong if it fails the "Test"? Is there any special maintenance required like for winter storage etc. Just what kind of "Alcohol" do I need. I need an operating manual.

Subscribed as I have been considering going this route as well. Sounds like we need Alky 101 [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all, back again with some new questions. I've searched the net looking for OPERATING instructions of the Alky Injection systems. All I find are INSTALLATION instructions. It's already installed on my recently purchased '87 GN; I need to know how to USE it. ie: The dial with progessive numbers; what do they mean, where do I set it. When I push the "test" button what, exactly, am I testing? What do I expect to see, hear, feel, when I push "Test"? When and why do I push "Test". What is right and wrong if it fails the "Test"? Is there any special maintenance required like for winter storage etc. Just what kind of "Alcohol" do I need. I need an operating manual.

The dial is basically the base for the initial qty delivered which then progressively gets bigger as boost goes up. So the higher the number the more Alky you will inject down at lower boost (I think usually starts injecting around 7-8 psi)

The test button purges the system and makes sure alky is primed and ready to inject.. your car should stumble when pressed.

I press the Test button whenever I start the car for the day or if it’s been sitting for an hour or so just in case ... you are literally just pressing for a couple of seconds .

If it doesn’t stumble something is wrong... but even if it does, I also suggest you buy the pressure testing kit so you can actually test pumps and troubleshoot problems down the road.

For winter storage (if you won’t be driving) I pump all the methanol out of the system...

You should use straight 100% methanol so you know exactly what you have and won’t have to worry if the “mix” is off.... also besides cooling the air charge, it’s a high octane fuel

HTH
aaron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

go into the alky section and read the sticky,tuning the alkycontrol kit

The dial with progessive numbers; what do they mean, where do I set it. When I push the "test" button what, exactly, am I testing? What do I expect to see, hear, feel, when I push "Test"? When and why do I push "Test". What is right and wrong if it fails the "Test"? Is there any special maintenance required like for winter storage etc. Just what kind of "Alcohol" do I need. I need an operating manual.

1. The dial is how fast it progresses to full
2. The "test" button on the console is for testing/priming the system so there is no lag for it spraying.

Tip: Put the transmission in neural or park and hold the gas pedal at 2500 RPMs or so because while pressing the button will cause the engine to want to stall.

3. If your not going to use the system for a long period of time dain it so the pump will last longer as they are usually only good for two years.

4. Use only straight "M1" methanol is preferred just don't ever use anything that contains petroleum.

Never go to boost with low alky or an empty tank. You should have a chip burned for alky which cuts back the gasoline. Without the alky you will go lean in boost and hurt your engine is 2 seconds. The same goes for a leak in the system or a tired pump.