You can type here any text you want

All black GT500 Shelby Cobra

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
This was fun.
On Friday, I had just left the same Chevron that I left when I killed that F360 a few weeks back when in my rear view mirror, an all black 2008 GT500 appeared. He was closing on me fast and apparently recognized my GN. I just cruised and let him catch me.
That all black stang looked mean with that big ol' cobra snake on the grill

He moved from lane to lane behind me and the car next to me...obviously wanting a line up. I was going to accelerate and move over to let him come along side, but the light ahead went red and there wasn't enough room.

So we came to a stop with him still right behind me, and I held up my index finger at him in my rear view and he nodded. :biggrin:

Light went green and I rolled into the throttle moderately to be sure he was going with me...he was...he almost climbed my bumper...so at about 20mph I nailed it and we were off. He moved into the left lane, but never caught me.:cool:
Initially I only seemed to be out acclerating him slightly, but by 80 I was clearly walking away, so I shut it down and flashed my tail lights at him.

At the next light he was turning left so I slowed enough for him to get along side. He gave me the hang loose sign and nodded with a smile so I cracked a joke at him and told him I'd loose if we tried to see who could slow down the quickest. ;) He laughed

Good kill mean pollo, right now looks like ur the king of te hill in LF but dont worry your A Z Z is going to be roasted soon and its coming in the form or a dark brick, I know someone who is hunting you down as we speak. ;)

spanked a red and white GT500 Shelby Cobra

I spanked a 2008 or 2009 GT500 Shelby Cobra last year in October.It had a manufactures plate on it.Not sure if it was a test car.But since I am from Detroit I see a lot of prototypes here with similar plates on them.Getting back to the spanking.I came up on him as he was stop at a traffic light.I had just got my car back from Extreme Automatics and was breaking the new stage 2 tranny in. I knew he seen me comming up but when I got on his right side he was scared because he would not even look at me.I could hear him reving his engine and I knew he was going to be taught a lesson.The light turned green and we were off.I left at 0 lbs. of boost as he jumped ahead by a car, but as second gear hit it was see you later as I blew pass him.He decided to make a quick left through the median and go back the other way, probably to stop by 7-11 and buy some kleenex.I was hoping for a better and closer race.It was fun anyways.

Turbo Tom

Good kill mean pollo, right now looks like ur the king of te hill in LF but dont worry your A Z Z is going to be roasted soon and its coming in the form or a dark brick, I know someone who is hunting you down as we speak. ;)

Oh goody!!!
I can't wait!:biggrin:
Tell him I usually drive through the stretch of Irvine Blvd behind the El Toro Marine Base and headed towards Lake Forest each week day between 5:15-5:30PM. If he's lucky...he'll catch me at the light just on the Lake Forest side of the 133 just before that mile long stretch of straight wide open road...:biggrin:

...looking forward to posting my "Got Killed by a Turbo Buick" story. :biggrin:

I spanked a 2008 or 2009 GT500 Shelby Cobra last year in October.It had a manufactures plate on it.Not sure if it was a test car.But since I am from Detroit I see a lot of prototypes here with similar plates on them.Getting back to the spanking.I came up on him as he was stop at a traffic light.I had just got my car back from Extreme Automatics and was breaking the new stage 2 tranny in. I knew he seen me comming up but when I got on his right side he was scared because he would not even look at me.I could hear him reving his engine and I knew he was going to be taught a lesson.The light turned green and we were off.I left at 0 lbs. of boost as he jumped ahead by a car, but as second gear hit it was see you later as I blew pass him.He decided to make a quick left through the median and go back the other way, probably to stop by 7-11 and buy some kleenex.I was hoping for a better and closer race.It was fun anyways.

Turbo Tom

I hear you.
The Stangs are over weight, so they are not as quick as their HP rating would suggest.

I beat the bejesus out of a Saleen Extreme in my Camaro last year. Just walked away from him. We chated at a light after the killing and he said his was tuned to 580HP and wanted to know what I was making.
I told him it hadn't been dyno'd but based on other guys I know with similar ZZ502 builds that had been dyno'd...should be about 550HP.
He looked heart broken.:biggrin:

Oh goody!!!
I can't wait!:biggrin:
Tell him I usually drive through the stretch of Irvine Blvd behind the El Toro Marine Base and headed towards Lake Forest each week day between 5:15-5:30PM. If he's lucky...he'll catch me at the light just on the Lake Forest side of the 133 just before that mile long stretch of straight wide open road...:biggrin:

...looking forward to posting my "Got Killed by a Turbo Buick" story. :biggrin:

He already knows your route, my guess he is just waiting for the right moment to pounce, so be ready.. ;) anybody for chicken on a stick? LOL

He already knows your route, my guess he is just waiting for the right moment to pounce, so be ready.. ;) anybody for chicken on a stick? LOL

LMAOROTF :biggrin: Make sure one of the Sheep is in the passenger seat so we can get a video of this :tongue: :cool:

Buy far this is the best kind of kill that a buick guy could ask for beside the famous slowvette:biggrin: :biggrin:

Man I wish I could get that kind of action...:frown: All the Cobra/GT500 guys around here just wont bite! Even had a guy in a '90s era ZR1 completely ignore me... Around here its all Evo/STi/SRT4s, with the occassional SRT8 Charger or 300C.

I think the last decent car I ran into was the stroker Mach 1 I posted about a while back...

I always seem to see all the hot cars out when Im in the DD Silverado! Never fails!:mad: :frown:

Congrats on the kill by the way. Mustve been fun!

Man I wish I could get that kind of action...:frown: All the Cobra/GT500 guys around here just wont bite! Even had a guy in a '90s era ZR1 completely ignore me... Around here its all Evo/STi/SRT4s, with the occassional SRT8 Charger or 300C.

I think the last decent car I ran into was the stroker Mach 1 I posted about a while back...

I always seem to see all the hot cars out when Im in the DD Silverado! Never fails!:mad: :frown:

Congrats on the kill by the way. Mustve been fun!

the problem that your having is you got that look if looks can kill look on you,just pretend your driving their car not your:biggrin:
I seem to always run into guys that want's to take me on,WYE you ask, because im not really looking for a race

the problem that your having is you got that look if looks can kill look on you,just pretend your driving their car not your:biggrin:
I seem to always run into guys that want's to take me on,WYE you ask, because im not really looking for a race

I dont go out looking for races either.... Maybe I need to take the Mickeys off the back of the car, and take the pillar gauges out. Those two things seems to scare people away.

It's only an '86, whats so scarey?!?!?!:wink:

I dont go out looking for races either.... Maybe I need to take the Mickeys off the back of the car, and take the pillar gauges out. Those two things seems to scare people away.

It's only an '86, whats so scarey?!?!?!:wink:

I don't have the DR's on the back...still running street tires...so I think that fishes them in thinking they have a stock GN on their plate.

I do have the pillar gauges tho.

Respect

Anyone will tell you that the most respected car on the street is the Turbo Buick.If you don't believe me then just watch how people act when they see our cars.They either look and point or act like they have a fast car by reving their motors trying to get your attention.Oh and they will try and tell you how many Turbo Buick races that they won.I say keep dreaming.

Turbo Tom

Nice Kill Tim! :D Look out for forcedfedv6 on your way to the car show tonight. :D I would go grab some good gas and turn up the boost 24psi.

Back