You can type here any text you want

All out of tricks, breaking up 5300

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
hey mark

AKTURBOTA said:
Dennis,

Good to hear you are running like you expected. Have you been to the track? Are you going to come done for the Labor Day races?

Mark

Man I would love to come down? We will see if I can fit it in.. Hey I have not forgot about that picture... just swamped. Ill get it to you ASAP...

I am having same exact issue. Did the lifters and spring pressure finally solve this problem totally?

Installed new springs comp 980and issue is still there. Second guessing myself a year later I pulled (last week) a valve spring and rechecked the pressure 110 lbs @ 1.72 installed height. All is good as per recommended pressures.
So now I just tried a different plug and went to a ac delco 43 instead of auto light 23 just for kicks, pulled gap back to .25. Seems to be doing well but need to play with it more. My issue came and went, therefore I do not think it is mechanical. I will report back

Just as a note for us following post 26 and 37 had good improvements. TTA good luck in fixings yours. Bison check in with you?

Installed new springs comp 980and issue is still there. Second guessing myself a year later I pulled (last week) a valve spring and rechecked the pressure 110 lbs @ 1.72 installed height. All is good as per recommended pressures.
So now I just tried a different plug and went to a ac delco 43 instead of auto light 23 just for kicks, pulled gap back to .25. Seems to be doing well but need to play with it more. My issue came and went, therefore I do not think it is mechanical. I will report back
Comp 980 springs with a roller cam? You need a lot more spring than that! Fwiw I don't ever recall comp 980 being over 100lbs at 1.72". I've measured hundreds of them

Comp 980 springs with a roller cam? You need a lot more spring than that! Fwiw I don't ever recall comp 980 being over 100lbs at 1.72". I've measured hundreds of them
No Roller, stock can and motor. This is my turbo T. I got these springs from A repetuble TB member and said they are new comp 980, they have a white stripe. I remember telling you about this when I installed them. I even tested them on another spring tester to make sure my tester was not off. Tested then with no retainer at 1,7 they are 110 and at 1,250 they are 260. They are high across the board for 980's. Not sure what to think? Maybe they are just a different spring? However they should work for what I need I believe

Bison, just realized I confused this thread with another. Yes this thread was originally about my roller cam car. That issue was resolved by shining the springs.

Back