You can type here any text you want

All TR Owners Read **THEFT**!!!!!!!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SGRIM

Owner/Admin TB.com
Staff member
Please be aware. There is a band of thieves that is targeting Buick Grand Nationals in the South Florida area and is planning to go further North in search of one. The following listed below is the way that they target the victims:

The thieves target their victims is usually by checking the auto-trader for Buick Grand Nationals for sale, then the thieves contacting the person selling the car pre-tending to be interested in buying the car. They ask when can they go by and see the car, when they show up to check the car what they are really doing is checking out the place were the car is stored, the conditions, and the accessibility (they usually will make a very low offer that they know there is no way that the people will take, and then walk away.) Then they came later and take the car.
Don’t just ignore this warning because your car is not for sale, they also take the cars of opportunity. For example if they are going to look at a GN listed on auto trader and along the way they happen to see one that is easy to take they may just grab that one instead of the one they were originally going for. This is straight from the horses’ mouth.

Someone down in the South Florida area had a similar situation he almost made the mistake of giving his address out, but he didn’t when he told the person on the phone to meet him at a public place, not at his “house" they lost interest and hung-up.

This band of thieves usually gets what they go after, and the worst part is that they have access to a tow-truck and a good place to conceal the cars that is not visible.

It has also been told to me that they will be traveling up north to Central Florida to get a car this weekend and possibly further north too. Please pass this info to your friends.

We know these scum bags are reading this. Come up to CT and try and try and steal one of mine guys. I double dog dare ya!. Come try it and see what you get. Shane, what towns/cities have they hit already?

WOW, that sounds just like the Atlanta Tr theft crew that hit us. The scan the trader, come and see it, dont even test drive them "Nah man, I know this is my car, I'll get cash and call you back" RIIIIGHT! Later, you find a hole where a car was parked. Selling a TR is risky, almost as bad as selling the LT1Impala SS's.

Oh, btw, My guys who got mine also troll on here I was told, so they know who has what and use the forum to educate as well. Traders are amongst us.

Oh, btw, My guys who got mine also troll on here I was told, so they know who has what and use the forum to educate as well. Traders are amongst us.

this is also why it's a *bad* idea to discuss security and anti-theft tricks and devices on the internet (or anywhere in public). which is why I'd never tell anyone about the small thermonuclear device I have rigged to detonate if anyone besides me so much as leans on my Buick. :biggrin:

Well I guess it's time to buy a fresh box of ammo and make sure the insurance is paid up. Funny that they would risk it with all of the Castle Doctrine laws we have here. Oh what I wouldn't do to set up a trap for them. I'm out in the middle of nowhere. I'd have everything cleaned up by the time the shots got done echoing through the scrub. Hey if they can't find a little girl than a couple of thieves would be even easier to get rid of.

You know I'd take this warning seriously. I had a weird incident about 2 months ago. OK the GN gets park inside but I have my 455 Regal parked out in the drive. I'm on the highway so 5,000 cars a day drive by the house. Every once in awhile somebody stops by and wants to know if I want to sell the Regal. Usually it's the guys who want to make a race car out of it that want to buy it. But I get these guys who tow junk for a living and they think I'll give it away so they can make a quick $200 or so. It's funny because the racers stop by at night when I'm home and the junkers stop by in the day and leave their number with my wife. Nothing weird with that but this last guy who wanted to tow it away must have been snooping around because when I came home the garage door wouldn't open up with the remote clicker. So I get out and find that the garage door is locked. I'm wondering how did that happened? So I go in and see this junker was by and left me a bogus phone number. Why would you lock the garage door unless you were looking for something else? I'm confused. Maybe it was a fluke but the bogus phone number has me thinking. :confused:

GREAT INFO!!, SGRIM.

I would have never thought about the autotrader thing, but it's so simple and so true. sometimes your so caught up in the sale of the car that you, just give out the info on where you live without even thinking:eek: .

turbofish38, i would be very weary of any dam! tow truck, and then they leave you a bogus number, dude be very careful. SGRIM even posted they have access to tow-trucks, i don't know, but i think i will be even more watchful of my gn this and every-weekend. thanks for the heads up SGRIM
i know there was a GN stolen out of north miami, not to long ago. I hope guys do take this to heart.

I am NOT trying to be sarcastic but this has been going on for years in all states, all countries, cities, towns etc. IF this is supposed to be something NEW to everyone WTF have you been Under a Rock?? Man cars are stolen everyday, every hour & maybe every minute?? Its not just the US or Canada!! What about all the cars out there that actually bring in BIG $$$ (unlike ours) that are stolen daily & shipped out.

This post is a good reminder for sure but definately not something new for anyone who owns Hotrods! Wake UP!! They Steal the Nice Cars!! Protect it as best you can BUT a GOOD Insurance policy is the BEST Protection!!
Take mine! I'll be SAD, MAD, but GLAD its covered for an Agreed amout!! OH YA!! Now low insurance would be MAD MAD MAD!!

GREAT INFO!!, SGRIM.

I would have never thought about the autotrader thing, but it's so simple and so true. sometimes your so caught up in the sale of the car that you, just give out the info on where you live without even thinking:eek: .

DUH??? Where do you think they find the cars?? Auto Trader, local paper, Craiglist maybe?? etc. Man, if you never thought that a THIEF would be Smart Enuf to use the Trader then you dont give them much Credit do you??
They DO NOT WORK yet live in homes & drive nice cars? JUST A JOB to them thats all & they are Creative!!

if the route of these POS is known why not set up a few cars in surrounding towns with GPS tracking then put to rest the parties involved.

No Nos I Just looked at your birthday. You just are learing now but being born in 1960 I have learned about this many times over from Experience from myself & friends. Theives SUCK!! But they are NOT STUPID!! Protect yourself with insurance!!

if the route of these POS is known why not set up a few cars in surrounding towns with GPS tracking then put to rest the parties involved.

See Post #11 Man, these guys are not stupid & feed the family with stolen goods. Insurance is your Best friend!!

When I sold my other car.
The guy came to see the car and test drive it.
1-i get a call about the car my answer is “busy right now give a number and I’ll you back” I have a number to start with.
2-before he test drove it I took his drivers license info-“incase he crashes it”
3-i wrote down his make, model and plate of his car
4-he asked me about anti theft I told him it “doesn’t have any”
5-after he paid me in full for the car - I told him about the anti theft stuff.

But again these guys need to be put down not arrested and released

See Post #11 Man, these guys are not stupid & feed the family with stolen goods. Insurance is your Best friend!!

I get you about ins.
but
why not try and fish some out.

And the next one is don't buy stolen parts no matter how good and cheap.
If they couldn't sell the parts they would slow down on the steeling.

I get you about ins.
but
why not try and fish some out.

And the next one is don't buy stolen parts no matter how good and cheap.
If they couldn't sell the parts they would slow down on the steeling.

#1 IF they are Pro's you better be a GOOD Fisherman!! ;)

#2 NEVER buy Stolen parts or ANY Parts that are Too Cheap to Resist! It wont hurt anyone is the excuse but I'm short of $$ this month so its OK this one time! I wont do it again!! Promise!! FU Loser!! DONT DO IT!!

#1 IF they are Pro's you better be a GOOD Fisherman!! ;)

#2 NEVER buy Stolen parts or ANY Parts that are Too Cheap to Resist! It wont hurt anyone is the excuse but I'm short of $$ this month so its OK this one time! I wont do it again!! Promise!! FU Loser!! DONT DO IT!!

yeahh what he said plus 1

Guys to make this clear I am passing on this information. There are some people trying to STOP this and they contacted me to help make you guys aware of the problem and hopefully protect your cars... I am just glad there are still good guys left on our side!

With all this insider info, I think maybe asking the police to set up a sting would be a good idea.

Well I guess it's time to buy a fresh box of ammo and make sure the insurance is paid up.

we'll lets setup a "sting" operation. i'll provide the bait and you provide the bullet...we can eliminate them one by one:confused:

With this info Shane you should also inform everyone to keep an eye out for a burst of parts for sale other than the long time members!!

Look for low post counts selling used parts!!!

I myself have a 181 lb. Brazilian Mastiff and a Yellow lab that sleep in our finished basement that is open to the garage & ADT they have to get around before they get to the car. Usually the dogs go crazy before the alarm does! And if they were to get past those two. There is always my small gun collection to choose from!!. Bedside is a former police gun, Beretta 92FS 15rd clip with hollow points... :biggrin:

But I sold ALOT of cars in my past and if you feel something is fishy, It usually is!

Be carefull and watch for low post counts of people selling alot of parts...

Scot W.

Back