You can type here any text you want

Alright What Did I Do Wrong With My Suspension Build

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Are you sure those upper arms aren't for tall spindles?
As above you really can't tell anything until you get engine et all in and rubber on the ground.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

That's what I'm sayin, are the arms he has for a tall spindle but he is using a short stock spindle.

Well I decided to rebuild the front end while the engines out. Replaced lower bushings and ball joints. Replaced upper arms with G body tubulars. Replaced springs with moog 5658.
Look at the angle of the upper ball joint. There is no way that thing will survive like that will it? Also the rubber doesn't make contact with the spindle?
Everything is torqued correctly.
What am I missing here?
mupararu.jpg
pahyqa4y.jpg
y2ybareb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Sez he replaced uppers with tubular.

They are supposed to be for stock spindles.
I don't think G Body parts offers them for tall spindles.

Still doesnt make em the right ones. Maybe make some measurements and compare to the stock ones. See if they are at least close.

My cars looked that way, the suspension is unloaded. No issues when I loaded it, align and drives very nice.

Well. Looking at the stock upper arms there is like a 2 inch drop from the control arm shaft to the upper ball joint.
The GBody arms don't have this drop?
Will it be ok? Not sure. From looking at pics online the SC&C arms are the same way. No drop.
I will give it a try and see what happens.

Back