Alternator ate my hoodliner

scgnx

Subject says it all..been plagued with strange problems lately. Where can I get a new hood liner, Kirbans carries them but won't ship them. Is it possible that GM still carries them ?

Did anyone else have the lower (closest to the windshield) center mount/insert missing from the new hoodliner?

I just picked mine up from the dealer and it didn't come molded with the hole like the original.....not a big deal, but I just wondered why.....and if anyone did something about it?

Mark

P.S. ...you don't have to pay for shipping with the dealer and you don't run the risk of it being damaged.

Hey Mark(Maltman) if you haven't installed it and bought it from your local dealer you can take it back and exchange it. Somebody screwed up and the dealer that sold it to you can do a claim as a defective part. I have sold a few insulators that had the same problem. Eric Fisher

I've bought several and some friends have bought some and all of them were without the bottom middle hole...I may be wrong but I don't think it's a defect...most likely GM doing there ongoing part change/improvement...actually I like it better...cleaner look and that hole/clip isn't really needed...