You can type here any text you want

aluminum heads

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Only your wallet and your goals can really dictate that. Check the mod's and times in some of the sigs on here. also ck if primary street or track use. I'm sure ported stockers have been nines.

I have ported intake, roller cam, main caps ,stock crank, 60 injectors, 60 turbo.

Yes they are worth it. Yes u can go fast with stock heads. The problem is nobody shares the info with you to get there . . . so u will probably push ur motor to hard and blow ur shit up. . . The aluminum heads flow better and are overall a great purchase should u decide to throw more $$$ at it. Its easier to go fast in aluminum.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Are aluminum heads worth it?

The only person that can really answer that question is you! :)

Is it worth it for you to run at the current power level with less boost with better flowing alum heads, or higher boost with less chance of detonation since alum dissipates heat quicker than iron, or if you damage or crack an iron head and have to trash it since it is not economically feasible to repair it?

Guess everyone in this thread but Jerryl , Sam and I run iron heads! ;)

not everybody,and I have run them both.the aluminum heads have there place,but not with his current combo.having detonation free combo is in the tuneup.

Switching to alum without increasing the static compression is a great way to avoid detonation.

Unfortunately, the other side effect is some heat emergy that used to turn the tires, now goes into the radiator.

Bought my GN1 aluminum heads for less than a set of ported irons would cost. Keep an eye out for the deals, never know what you will find!

Earl, Your absolutely correct, though chances are he's not going to be on the throttle for minutes @ a time. 10-15 sec tops. Benefits extremely out weight the heat. Frankly said iron heads are old technology. Yes there are people who have done amazing things unfortunately the cold hard FACTS is they won't tell you what they did to get there. These cars are way to expensive to rebuild even @ a stock level. So aluminum heads are an extremely great benefit to someone looking to get "more performance" from his car with "future to grow". I say if u have the money bite the bullet and buy them. U won't regret it. Worst case if u decide to go faster u upgrade components in the head. . . And whala . . . Ur on track to make some real power. . .

For those that dont believe me send any of the top performers a private message to send u a copy of there tune .. . . . .even a log for that matter. . . Its like treasure to them. . . . Not going to happen. . . .u have a better chamce of getting water from the desert than them releasing info. I offered a guy. . . ( not saying his name) 1k to send me a copy of his xfi log. . . No dice.) Amd that my friends is how the cow ate the cabbage. . .

A set of properly setup aluminum heads with the proper valve train will allow the engine to achieve a much higher cylinder filling potential at a higher rpm and wider rpm range. Will iron heads work. Yes. Would I want to be the guy next to an engine with a good set of aluminum heads and have irons. No way. If your building for power the iron head will become a huge obstacle. Even running out of compressor with small turbos the aluminum heads made more power every time compared to iron on anything I tested and with much less boost too.

Back