You can type here any text you want

@#%#$^ always happens to me.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I called Angle Repair and Calibration Services in VA and they say it will cost $25.00 and a week turn around time to recalibrate my TW. I am scared to run the engine until this gets done I hope to borrow a TW from a friend some time this week.

I posted about this in another thread a few weeks ago.

but you are the expert on here with turbo buicks, so yeah the crank broke and caused the failure...

,Dan

NOT me !!! I have one crank do that on Melissa's old Limited T .. million miles and about 600 11 sec runs on the motor.. Oh I still stand by the crank just had enuff pounding on it an said "C ya" :eek:
..ok Bison .. what post?? :p

When the rocker shaft was on the head the rockers had minimal play - side to side and maybe a 100th of an inch up and down. But when I removed the rocker shaft the rocker to shaft play was about an 1/8 on an inch.
SO I guess its time for new rockers and rocker shafts.

i dont think anybody said if this was normal or not but when you take the rocker shaft off the head, the rockers are very loosely mounted on the rocker shafts...i dont know if its an 1/8th inch of play but they are not going to be tight!

1/16th is fine, just as long as there is preload when the shafts are bolted on the head.

Back