You can type here any text you want

Another 9 second stock block

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

S2V6RACER

Banned
Well, went out today and made some runs. Out of the trailer I made my first 9 second pass at a 9.997 @ 132.14 with 29 psi and a lousy 1.495 60' leaving with 10 psi. Never thought in a million years it would be that. Kind of a let down, but hey I'll take it. I ended up turning the wick up a little to 32.5 psi and left with 5 psi and netted a 9.864 @ 133.87 and a 6.34 1/8th mile run with only a 1.44 60'. I am more than pleased with this new GTQ turbo. Special thanks to Dave Bamford for kicking me in the a$$ and telling me to try to throw more fuel at it. It sure seemed to make gobs of torque and HP today, more than ever. What a way to end the year and went back on the trailer running.

Ted

Awesome Ted!!!

That 70 GTQ is a badass turbo!!! Orlando ran his car last weekend and went 10.06 @134mph (35lbs of boost):D with a lousy high 1.4 60'..... He is also using the TSM legal 70 GTQ turbo and with a better 60' I know that car can go a 9.90-9.80.....

Anyways congrats on the 9 second passes!!! You of all people deserve it after all the crap you've been thru (I hope everything works out for you with the Stage motor):) :cool:

Later.

Added pics:

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/inno51/lst?.dir=/Race+Car+Pictures&.view=t

Been meaning to get some for a while.

The turbo in the picture is the ported shroud version for those who have not seen one. Note the 3" outlet neck, how much longer it is than the 2.5" counterpart, and I did have to modify my intercooler inlet pipe to make it fit, basically had to shorten it about 1.5" and then rotate the 45 degree bend to get good alignment. That is not a TSM legal version because of the cover, as well as most other things on this car. :D

86Brick: I really am not as upset about the S2 thing right now, the bummer is I could have used these runs to get my NHRA license, had I been at a NHRA track and brought my paperwork.

I hope a 109 outlaw class opens up.

Ted, tried to look at your pics but the yahoo page says "file inaccesable".

Originally posted by 1badwe4
Ted, tried to look at your pics but the yahoo page says "file inaccesable".

The pics worked fine for me (very clean looking engine as well as a good looking GN).......

Ted, yeah that is a bummer that you didn't get to use those runs for your NHRA 9 second license, but I'm sure you'll get it eventually considering how well your car is running with the new ported shroud PT71 GTQ turbo...... I also would like to see a 109 Outlaw class open up, but I guess time will tell (the Bradenton event will have the 109 Outlaw class so it will be interesting to see the cars and how they run):cool:

I haven't weighed it, but going on the fact it is a t-top car with a 8pt moly cage, glass bumpers, hood, light weight starter, no heat/ac with me in it guesstimate at over 3500. I re-call some of the TSM guys being close to my setup just barely meeting TSM weight limits.

Any imput, anybody??

Ted,

Sounds like you are making a lot of power now.
Congratulations on the 9 second passes.
What is going on with your 60fts???
I would expect 1.3X for your car.

What was the cost of your turbo?
We are looking for one for a car we are finishing.

Thanks in advanace

Originally posted by John Wilde
Ted,

Sounds like you are making a lot of power now.
Congratulations on the 9 second passes.
What is going on with your 60fts???
I would expect 1.3X for your car.

What was the cost of your turbo?
We are looking for one for a car we are finishing.

Thanks in advanace

It has done a best 1.366 60' with the 28x10.5's. I expect better than that with the W tires. It was about 45 degrees yesterday, there was just no traction there to have.

Turbo was around $1300 and change delivered.

WOW

Congrats Ted glad the weather was nice enough to get out one more time. It definately will make your winter a lot easier to go thru. What fuel set up you using.

Steve Pitts:D

Ted
I knew I heard a 9.8 pass for you. Congrats. That car sounded great going down the track. When I first walked up on your car I was sure it would be a stage motor, boy was I surprised
I know what you mean about the Bamfords, Mike and Dave talked me into a Speedpro system, not only did it save my motor a couple times but now I'm going faster and will never regret it. They are a class act and are always willing to help.
Once again great job and it was good meeting you and your dad.

Originally posted by Philv6
Ted
I knew I heard a 9.8 pass for you. Congrats. That car sounded great going down the track. When I first walked up on your car I was sure it would be a stage motor, boy was I surprised
I know what you mean about the Bamfords, Mike and Dave talked me into a Speedpro system, not only did it save my motor a couple times but now I'm going faster and will never regret it. They are a class act and are always willing to help.
Once again great job and it was good meeting you and your dad.

Thanks Phil. I talked to Dave on the way home and said I met you. He knew who you were. I wish I could watch the car run myself. That would have been cool if Dave could of made it. Today would have been do-able it sure didn't seem the weather would hold out from the looks of it yesterday.

Congrats Ted, we knew you had a 9 sec pass in it. They should re name the 70 GTQ " The 9 sec Stock Block Turbo"
Mid Michigan would be a good track for your NHRA licence passes on a test and tune night. Make sure your physical is up to date. Let us know when you go we will sign off on your passes.

Phil, hold off on the stage project and throw a 70 GTQ on the stock block. A 9 sec pass will be in your near future without the extra weight of a stage motor. :D ;)
Shoot me an e-mail we can discuss the 9 sec tune-up.

Back