You can type here any text you want

another dumb question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

alb84

Grumpy, Greasy, Old
Will the 700r4 bolt up to the GN. I never even thought about it until someone offered me one for a favor. Is it worth taking up space in my garage to have as a backup. Oh yea , I just found out that I will be commuteing 120 mi. round trip to work for the next year or two. Later.......Danny

Don't think they offer 700's in a BOP housing pattern, thus it won't bolt to the back of the engine. Someone makes adapter plates to do this but I am not expereinced in that area. HTH's -Chuck.

It's really not a suitable back-up transmission.

Besides the bellhousing issue, which is the easiest part to overcome, the mount is in a different location, your dipstick won't work and you'll need a shorter driveshaft too.

No.....Final answer...:)LOLOL

And..................No question is dumb if you dont know the answer. Thats why you ask......

Bruce
WE4
www.ptsnctb.com

I was just kind of hopeing you guys were going to tell me about a year and model that used the dual pattern bell houseing. I know it was done on the 200r4, but could'nt remember if it ever happened with the 700. Thats why it was a dumb question. I'm getting too old to remember ...............Remember..............remember. See there, it just happened again. I allready forgot what I was trying to tell you that I could'nt remember. Oh just bury me out in the back yard under the old maple tree. What were we talking about anyway?Later....Danny

Back