Another NE OH guy

GreyOne

Brand new to the forum and I'm located midway between Cleveland and Youngstown. I'm the original owner of an 87 Turbo-T with less than 19K. It's pretty much bone stock, but hasn't been running that great in recent years (missing under load/boost). This summer I had a new coil pack installed, new plugs, wires, new (re-man.) MAF, and new cat. conv and muffler. I'm not a mechanic so I'm looking for someone to troubleshoot my car and give it the once over to determine what else I have neglected to do over the years. Just looking for get it back to running like it used to.

I've searched this forum for NE OH mechanics but the posts were rather old. Any leads to some good turbo mechanics in this area would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

So, did you find the problem? Do you have a scanmaster? It could be a few things. Did the car sit for a long time? Original fuel pump and injectors? Old gas?

Oh yea! Welcome to the site.:)
Happy spooling.
Mike Barnard

Mike, thanks for the reply. I personally don't know what the problem is nor do I have a scanmaster, but I've met with a fellow board member and he says he'll fix my problem as well as improve performance a bit. ;) However, with winter rapidly approaching here in NE OH, I have to wait for next spring.:( And yes, the original fuel pump and injectors are scheduled to be replaced.

BTW, do those bumperfillers come in grey?

Mike, thanks for the reply. I personally don't know what the problem is nor do I have a scanmaster, but I've met with a fellow board member and he says he'll fix my problem as well as improve performance a bit. ;) However, with winter rapidly approaching here in NE OH, I have to wait for next spring.:( And yes, the original fuel pump and injectors are scheduled to be replaced.

BTW, do those bumperfillers come in grey?

Scanmaster is a must have with these things. You're flying blind without one. There are only two wires to them. They are not that complicated to understand and may save you an engine.

Yes! my fillers come in grey. However, it's a very, very, very dark grey.:D
See the last two minutes of this video to see just how grey they are.

Mike B.