You can type here any text you want

Another Wiring ??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

artrenee10

Older...wiser...and broker...
Building a hybrid 87 Cutlass. Was wondering about the grounds on the psg side of the head? How are those to be wired. And secondly where do they go?

On a stock harness they go to the ECM harness for gounds. There is also a strap stock that go's from the back of the head to the fire wall.
There should also be a big - from the battery to block if battery is not re-located.
Is that what your asking?
~Scott

All those grounds get bolted to the back of the head. They are all the sensor and computer grounds.

Thanks Guys....
Thats what I was asking.....that's all that there is ? A strap with the grounds attached to it? I already have the engine harness installed. So I am good to go with that, I need the ECM wiring? That's what I am confused about....is there a bundle I can purchase?

Building a hybrid 87 Cutlass. Was wondering about the grounds on the psg side of the head? How are those to be wired. And secondly where do they go?

Grounds ALWAYS go back to the battery.:)

if you ground them on the engine, does not matter where, just be sure a proper ground cable is run from the engine to the battery to complete the circuit.

Do not used the frame or body as a path back to the battery for this, or you will be asking for trouble.:confused:

I need the ECM wiring? That's what I am confused about....is there a bundle I can purchase

The ECM plugs into the engine harness you have. They are the 2 rectangular connectors, 32 pos and 24 pos that plug into the ECM. If you are looking for the pinouts for the ECM you can find that info over at gnttype.org. For a custom harness you can contact Caspers Electronics.

Back