You can type here any text you want

Any Old Skool Skateboarder's from the mid-'80's??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NCTURBOS

Gettin' back in action!!
Staff member
I dug this up this past weekend... :eek: I saw a few go for what I consider big bucks on E-Bay.

K.

hoyl ****, I had the same board! great board. I also had a santa cruz and powell

wow havent seen one like that in a long time. wonder what ever happened to the ones i had.

I skated from 87-92 pretty much everyday. That Lucero would bring in huge $ on e-bay. I sold a ripped up and tatered Powell Skull & Sword long sleeve shirt recently for $112. Loved watching the Bones Brigade movies back then. Funny how skating was almost looked down on back then and now it's widely accepted (x-games, skateparks everywhere, etc.)

How the times change.

you used to skate kieth???? i still do!:biggrin:

I was really into BMX bike racing in the mid-80's, racing a Profile frame, I was at the states in PA almost every year back then. Most of my BMX friends had boards as well, so I jumped on that for awhile...:D

K.

Funny how skating was almost looked down on back then and now it's widely accepted (x-games, skateparks everywhere, etc.)

How the times change.

Speaking of the X-Games... How about that 40'+ fall!!! :eek:

K.

I had the Mike McGill skull and snake deck. The art work on the board was getting bad so I sanded it and painted it. What a dumbass. I also had a Santa Cruz board. Both boards were the size and shape of the Schmitt above. The new boards are so damn small. I guess your not thinking at the time that these things could bring some good money down the road.

I was a Powell and Vision man, but I'm curious as to what that will bring.:cool:

Let's see I had:

Caballero Dragon
Mark Gonzales
Mike McGill mini
Vision Johnny Kopp (could ollie like mad with that board)
Tommy Guerrero Dagger

I honestly can't wait until my kids are at the age to maybe show some interest in riding a half pipe. I bet with about 2 weeks of practice I could be catching air again. :eek: :tongue:

I skated strictly Santa Cruz. Mike Alba's Voodoo deck was my fave. Also skated Jeff Kendall, Natas Kapas (before SMA) Rob Roskopp and others that slip my mind as of now. My son is a skate boader now and its fun to go with him to the local park and carve the bowl a little...:cool:

I had a good friend who built a board in 1977 with the following specs:
- G&S (Gordon & Smith) flat deck
- Bennett Hi-Jacker trucks
- Sims "Pure Juice" wheels

It was expensive, but it was a very cool board at the time. I just had a junky old Nash.:frown:

I skated strictly Santa Cruz. Mike Alba's Voodoo deck was my fave. Also skated Jeff Kendall, Natas Kapas (before SMA) Rob Roskopp and others that slip my mind as of now. My son is a skate boader now and its fun to go with him to the local park and carve the bowl a little...:cool:

I meant Steve Albla..Mickey was his brother..Check out the art on this deck

Attachments

• 2salba_voodoo.jpg
    2salba_voodoo.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 469
I recently purchased a reissue Caballero complete board off eBay. A couple of my buddies have been collecting NOS decks over the past few years. They must have over $50K in new decks. They have 500+ decks between the two of them.

My favorite board growing up was the Powell Ray "Bones" Rodriguez (sword and skull). Blind makes some spoofs of the Powell boards that are pretty funny (sword and banana).

I was at the local skate shop last month and they had a reissue of the Hosoi Hammerhead. It looked just like the original with the rising sun logo. Brings back memories...

I also tried to get back into BMX racing a while back to race in the 30+ age group cruiser class. I built a tricked out SE Racing Floval Flyer with Candy Paint and ghost flames, King cassette hubs, etc..., but I injured my back at work so I ended up selling the cruiser. Now my goal is to build a custom mini-Ripper for my 6 y/o daughter and get her into BMX racing.

I also tried to get back into BMX racing a while back to race in the 30+ age group cruiser class. I built a tricked out SE Racing Floval Flyer with Candy Paint and ghost flames, King cassette hubs, etc..., but I injured my back at work so I ended up selling the cruiser. Now my goal is to build a custom mini-Ripper for my 6 y/o daughter and get her into BMX racing.

I took my kids, ages 10, 2, & 1, to the local BMX track last fall and got the fever back myself. Watching the 30+ classes makes me think I have a chance at it again. I bought an old school Profile and a USA Hutch Trickstar, but sold them after looking at how much the prices are for their old school parts. So then I bought a new school Profile and built it up. I'll add pics of it later.

K.

Here are a few pics of the Floval I built... It was a candy organic green with a gold base and flames that really jumped out at night under the lights or in the sun.

Apparently the guy I sold it to told me somebody broke into his garage and stole it. :mad:

1.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Heres what's left of my board collection.

The Z board on the left I bought brand new for $110 in 1978! :eek: It has Tracker trucks and Smooth Z Jimmy Plumer wheels. 4-5 years later my Mom ran over it with her Vista Cruiser station wagon and I left it out in the rain a few times..:p

The middle Beauregard board is from 1985. it has Gull Wing trucks and 70mm Kryptonic wheels.

The Powell Peralta is from the early 90's...man those little wheels could make you eat it...:mad:

The offroad board is from the mid 90's as well as the Sector 9 long board. The Sector is still in good shape..the scrapes on the top are from it getting stuck under my first GN that was lowered and I drove off down the road. Still ride that one. :cool:

Attachments

• IMGP2366.jpg
    IMGP2366.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 453
  • IMGP2367.jpg
    IMGP2367.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 441
  • IMGP2368.jpg
    IMGP2368.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 443
  • IMGP2369.jpg
    IMGP2369.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 448
I skated an H-STREET Tony Magnusson board with gullwings and slimeballs.

Then later a BBC mouse model.

My buddy still has his BBC Jeff Philips board,almost like new with the G&S chromoly trucks that could grind forever.Still has those tall PP ramp wheels,looks like monster truck tires compared to the little wheels they use now.

Back