Any one running a dump out side of the passenger fender

nat86

Okay I like to be different and i thought this look was pretty cool but would like to have a qtp electric exhaust cutout tied to the front off the downpipe. Just wondering if anybody has tried this
b841b85cb017f5f0a32a65b12ae54dcb.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Personally, I don't like it at all. :wtf: I don't see any advantage to it and also when the cutout is open, you'll be spewing out fumes on everyone standing by the side of the car…:mad:…not nice. I prefer the exhaust exiting under the car or like mine at the rear.

Claude

It appears that the concept of "Fast With Class" is becoming rare.

Man you guys if people come onto this site for input not criticism of your own one person's fast with class might be different than the others not one of us is the same we all have different tastes you might show a picture of your engine I might think blue or red intercooler hoses are ugly disgusting color or 19 inch rims. The point is didn't your momma teach you if you don't have nothing nice to say don't say it at all. That picture of that car is owned by someone else there might be a few guys on this board think it looks great. You ever go to a Grand National meet and you see nothing but black cars and they all look the same not one of them stands out one from another and 5 billion of them have cut outs underneath. It's just looking out side of the box. It's pretty easy to become keyboard ninjas but try to restrain your self of criticism. Again a qtp electric exhaust tied to the front exhaust down pipe .so street driving goes through full exhaust race goes out the dump

I wouldn't do it just because you'll torch your paint and it's ugly. There's no real advantage to doing it for the vast majority of people.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Man you guys if people come onto this site for input not criticism of your own one person's fast with class might be different than the others not one of us is the same we all have different tastes you might show a picture of your engine I might think blue or red intercooler hoses are ugly disgusting color or 19 inch rims. The point is didn't your momma teach you if you don't have nothing nice to say don't say it at all. That picture of that car is owned by someone else there might be a few guys on this board think it looks great. You ever go to a Grand National meet and you see nothing but black cars and they all look the same not one of them stands out one from another and 5 billion of them have cut outs underneath. It's just looking out side of the box. It's pretty easy to become keyboard ninjas but try to restrain your self of criticism. Again a qtp electric exhaust tied to the front exhaust down pipe .so street driving goes through full exhaust race goes out the dump

It’s easy to be rude when they don’t have to look the person in the eye.

D

It's just looking out side of the box. It's pretty easy to become keyboard ninjas but try to restrain your self of criticism.

You ask for the input, then pull the "keyboard ninja" crap, when the responses are not to your "standards"???
A simple concept: Don't want others comments, don't post....:rolleyes:
And, you can add me to your "list".. The idea stinks.

Well, I'll specify my comments from points of view from three different perspectives.

-Purely technical point of view = Serves no performance advantage.

-Logical point of view = Destroys the fender. possible contact with surrounding metal making disturbing rattles. soot stains down the side of the car, offensive odor and direct sound disturbance to other bystanders. Possible fire risks depending on accessories location. If driven on the street, will draw unwanted attention in many ways.

-Designer's point of view (Paint included) = Ugly. Visually distracting. Disturbing to the clean body lines of the fender and classic shape of the Regal body style. Draws attention away from the pure style of the automobile. Too overly childish and playful to be taken seriously. Each individual element (paint, fender dump, wheels) exists on its own, and does not take into account being a part of a total package in context with its surroundings.

Not really my opinions.

Last edited:
C'mon ''nat86'', you asked for opinions and you got them. In my previous post, I might not have answered what you were hoping for but I don't think that I was rude in any way. When I see something I don't like, I generally do as your mom teached you and refrain from saying anything, but in this case, it's you who asked for opinions on that matter so don't complain if most guys here don't like.
In the end, think that Joey (NY Twin Turbo) summed everything up correctly in his post.

Claude.

C'mon ''nat86'', you asked for opinions and you got them. In my previous post, I might not have answered what you were hoping for but I don't think that I was rude in any way. When I see something I don't like, I generally do as your mom teached you and refrain from saying anything, but in this case, it's you who asked for opinions on that matter so don't complain if most guys here don't like.
In the end, think that Joey (NY Twin Turbo) summed everything up correctly in his post.

Claude.

He didn't ask for opinions, he asked if anybody had tried this.
There are things that we all would not do to our cars, and things we will.
Some would not put an LS engine in a GN, or a diesel, but like it or not it's been done.
His first sentence did state he likes to be different.

So far it looks like no one has tried this.

He didn't ask for opinions, he asked if anybody had tried this.
There are things that we all would not do to our cars, and things we will.
Some would not put an LS engine in a GN, or a diesel, but like it or not it's been done.
His first sentence did state he likes to be different.

So far it looks like no one has tried this.
You are correct. This was his question. My mistake.

No, I have not tried it. But I have seen and known others who have done this in the many years past.

Some are no longer around. Most others who I had spoke to, wish they never had.

Long time ago......in the 90's.

Personally I don’t like it on a street car.

On a track only car though I think it looks great.

Never mind the fact that the angel of death is sitting to your left but now he's sneezing flames at you?

Hide your children!

I’ve never seen one with an electric cut out though.

D

You would have to use a sharp Y pipe and go behind the wheel through the a/c box area. You would need to protect the plastic fender well in that area or run no fender wells like I'm sure that example has. For a race car I think it would fine but on a street car you are looking for a host of issues. Not sure there is any real performance gain there. That would have to tested though.

You would have to use a sharp Y pipe and go behind the wheel through the a/c box area. You would need to protect the plastic fender well in that area or run no fender wells like I'm sure that example has. For a race car I think it would fine but on a street car you are looking for a host of issues. Not sure there is any real performance gain there. That would have to tested though.
There is no more advantage to running an open downpipe at the fender than there is under the car.

And unless you have some monster turbo on a full drag mountain motor that moves cubic yards of air in milliseconds, most certainly the biggest performance gain might be the weight savings of not having a full exhaust.

There is no more advantage to running an open downpipe at the fender than there is under the car.

And unless you have some monster turbo on a full drag mountain motor that moves cubic yards of air in milliseconds, most certainly the biggest performance gain might be the weight savings of not having a full exhaust.
I remember Bison talking in the past that if it came straight off of the turbo and exited out there some what of a performance gain. I thought it just looked cool but I guess that's just me. I'm really hoping that the owner of that car doesn't see this post because I'm sure he worked his ass off to get it to wear it's at today. You know I'm just as guilty for saying something before I think of the other person. A coworker brought his 57 chevy to work I made a comment out loud about how crapy the paint job was .of course it got back to him what I said that was the last time he drove it to work. What I didn't know was him and his dad did all the body work on it and he was pretty proud of it. I felt like shit .but boy is it easy to criticize .I know people on this board that would love to post things but there to afraid of critics

I remember Bison talking in the past that if it came straight off of the turbo and exited out there some what of a performance gain.
Maybe so, somewhat. But how much and what's it worth to you. As a racer? maybe everything in the world! As a street guy? Maybe nothing.

And yes, you are correct. It is hurtful to say someones pride and joy looks like sh!t. I tried to describe it from different perspectives. Not necessarily an opinion. But still, maybe insensitive. I'll tread lightly in the future.

I did this back when I was in the mid 90's. My car was running low 10's at the time. I cut a hole in my inner fender to dump the exh in my front wheel well. I didn't go as far as drilling a hole in my fender, but the concept is the same. It made my car sound as though it was on steroids. With back to back tests at the track, I netted zero gains when it was capped up and ran through the exhaust.

This was my fender dump

This was the exit hole in my inner fender..... As you can see, heat isn't friendly on plastic, thankfully my coolant bottle covered most of the exit wounds. The inner fender is now out of my car and another clean factory original has taken it's place. If you are interested, I can sell you my inner fender for you to dump your exhaust there as opposed to cutting a hole in your metal qtr panel.