Any one running a dump out side of the passenger fender

I noticed the GNX vents in the front fender. I really hope it wasn't an actual GNX. .....but just the aftermarket add on vents...

I did this back when I was in the mid 90's. My car was running low 10's at the time. I cut a hole in my inner fender to dump the exh in my front wheel well. I didn't go as far as drilling a hole in my fender, but the concept is the same. It made my car sound as though it was on steroids. With back to back tests at the track, I netted zero gains when it was capped up and ran through the exhaust.

This was my fender dump

This was the exit hole in my inner fender..... As you can see, heat isn't friendly on plastic, thankfully my coolant bottle covered most of the exit wounds. The inner fender is now out of my car and another clean factory original has taken it's place. If you are interested, I can sell you my inner fender for you to dump your exhaust there as opposed to cutting a hole in your metal qtr panel.

Thanks man I think I'll pass

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I've done it on my mustang. Did not have the room to run my down pipe to the back of the car without a tubular k. The cross-over is routed under the engine typical of the gn. No issues to report. Passes va state inspection *wink *wink lol

Attachments

• IMG_20140907_151026_725.jpg
    IMG_20140907_151026_725.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 130
  • 12011313_487610261415940_2174255610323073377_n.jpg
    12011313_487610261415940_2174255610323073377_n.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 122
I did this back when I was in the mid 90's. My car was running low 10's at the time. I cut a hole in my inner fender to dump the exh in my front wheel well. I didn't go as far as drilling a hole in my fender, but the concept is the same. It made my car sound as though it was on steroids. With back to back tests at the track, I netted zero gains when it was capped up and ran through the exhaust.

This was my fender dump

This was the exit hole in my inner fender..... As you can see, heat isn't friendly on plastic, thankfully my coolant bottle covered most of the exit wounds. The inner fender is now out of my car and another clean factory original has taken it's place. If you are interested, I can sell you my inner fender for you to dump your exhaust there as opposed to cutting a hole in your metal qtr panel.

Bet that did a nice job cooking the tire.

Bet that did a nice job cooking the tire.

It actually didn't. The wheel well is fairly big and the dump is done on the top of the fender, not the middle where it would come in contact the tire. Even less chance at wide open throttle as you can see with your own display pic. Once the car is putting the power to the ground, the front stands up and there is way more space in the fender. But it did do a good job of sooting up my white fender after a couple hard blasts.