any police in Salisbury NC

austinibew145

If so I would like to ask a favor/question concerning mar 20. really important. or any one in the area. I am dropping my son off to see his mom for a few Hr. on my way to Orlando FL. and would like a witness so she doesn't pull some crap and try to keep him. I have heard some bad stories. I don't think there will be any problems, but just in case. traveling from Illinois to Florida. any advice would be nice. he is 6 and hasn't seen her in over a year. thank you.

Do you have full custody? Im assuming you do. If you are uneasy about the situation then I would not leave him there alone with her.

Having full custody of your child is like like having a restraining order. Its a piece of paper that means something in court. It certainly doesnt prevent her from driving 6 states away and living in a trailer park under an assumed name. If she runs off with him you will be spending the next year of ur life tracking him down. Will be costly and you may never find him.

Your question is too vague to give you an educated answer. What type of history does she have? Why is she not in his life now? Alcohol? Drugs?

hey, the situation is this she moved away a 4 years ago and only came back to see him for x-mas 2 times. she says she cant afford to come back to see him. I legally only have joint custody, the lawyer wants too much money to file the papers $1800. I live in the area he was born and he has been with me here for 6 years. I have heard some story that a guy drop ed his kids off with there mother for a week and she said he abandon them and she got to keep them. I don't want any thing like that to be a possibility. I called my lawyer but he is out till Monday. also I don't know the area. The last time I was down there I was picking up a SUV. My dumb a$$ co-signed for it and when she got there she stopped paying for it. that was in Charlotte.

Not to sound too rude... I would stay with them and take him with you when you decide to get back on the road. Allow no excuses. It sounds like you have no legal obligation to stop for her to see him, correct? I would weigh it out heavily whether to let her take him off away from you.

Just my $.02 worth.

Mike

If you don't have full custody I would think long and hard before leaving ur child some someone who has joint custody under those conditions. The police will not be concerned with her lack of past parenting. If she takes off with him you will have little recourse.

The police will only act if she takes off with him and leaves the state. And that is questionable as well. They won't stand by with him even if you had a police officer there when you drop him off to document the incident.

It doesn't prevent her from leaving. Don't be fooled and think a police report is the end all be all and dont think the police are going to baby sit him till you return.

Many men have been in ur shoes before and wish they could turn the clock back and spend years looking for their child.

Not to mention, the police are unlikely to even document anything because she has joint custody and there is nothing illegal about her seeing him. If you don't have a court order documenting when she can and cannot see him then you have very little ground to stand on.

If she wants to see him then she can drag her ass up to you and see him and establish some trust.

The fact that are even asking this question means you have doubts about her intentions. Go with ur instincts. They are rarely wrong in these type of circumstances and don't think for a seond that things will be FAIR for you. It's a womans world when it comes to children and they can brainwash a child to think just about anything and can and do LIE about circumstances and can be very convincing.

It's ur call but you have way more to loose then gain. If she is not in his life now then your son isn't missing anything anyway.

thanks, I was just wanting some one impartial to witness that I wasn't dumping him off or handing him over. the problem with staying is that the girl Friend doesn't want anything to do with it. my big issue is that I don't know my father and never did. I don't want that for my son. not knowing his parents. hopefully the lawyer will have some papers she can sign or she will only see him for an Hr. while I am there. if thats the case what can I do to kill some time cant check in at Florida till Monday

I can tell you that the $1800.00 would be money worth spending now. Instead of the money you would spend trying to get your child back if the unspeakable happens.
That is what credit cards are for in my book.

I wish you luck in getting through this.

As far as your GF not wanting to deal with the ex that is understandable but at the same time it isnt about her or the ex. It is all about your son keeping a relationship with his mom and father as well as the GF.

i don't like to comment on personal things but i gotta say, dude don't be an idiot! the second you leave ANYTHING to chance, especially with an unstable woman, one that doesn't have her own son somewhere at the top of her priorities, is the second you risk losing everything including your son and you will take it long deep hard and dry for what will seem like forever..one reason we are in this downward spiral is because its sooo common for women to be selfish, evil, aggressive etc..its abmirrable you don't want to put your kid thru what you went thru but dont risk lettting ANYBODY (the pope, your mom, obama) fuuck with your situation that you've worked so hard for...yea this one struck a nerve a little and i may be going a bit overboard but its well worth it if this opens your eyes a little..

thank you guys for replying. the lawyer told me the same thing. "trust her or dont't do it". this kind of stuff sucks for the kids.

I was going to keep my mouth shut...but I changed my mind!:p

$1800 is definitely worth it if you think the ex might try to kidnap your kid at some point in the next 12 years. Get a loan or ask for a payment plan if you think it is worth it. Even WITH full custody, that does not PHYSICALLY stop her from "disappearing" like someone else mentioned.

It's too bad the GF doesn't want to have anything to do with this meeting, but I don't recommend an unsupervised visit that could turn into a "Missing persons" report! For all the time that your GF has with you, she's not willing to offer a mother a few hours with her son, along with you being present to make sure nothing "funny" happens? Maybe you can plan a few hours at putt-putt/gokart/etc where everything will be nice and public? Even still, she might try something...and even thought "any means necessary" will probably be worth it to you in the end, you still might be facing assault/battery/domestic violence criminal charges...AND it's not illegal for her to take the child if she has joint custody.

Sorry for the doom & gloom - I'm more of a "hope for the best but prepare for the worst" kind of guy...
:eek:

reading over the paper work she signed. a. she cant leave the state of Illinois with him. b. she only gets him for a week. so if she pulls some **** she risks loosing joint custody. I don't think she will do anything. I am just trying to stay ahead of her. thak all of you for responding. I will post what happens, I hope it is all good.

Good luck man just stay focused on your boy everyone else can kiss your a55

I agree with the one who said to follow your instincts. My advice is... don't do it! Follow those instincts!!!!!

I would also have serious concerns about the girl friend. And, it is correct, your focus should be on your son.

Until you can afford the $1,800 for geting full custody, don't leave your child.

Good luck!

It went well. she was happy to see him, he was happy to see her. I got to attend the nationals that saturday. that was great. thanks for your suport.