You can type here any text you want

Any way to estimate HP with these numbers?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

toomanymodz

I'm sure with all of the Buick-heads out there (Bison), one of you guys probably have a formula for computing HP with a given set of numbers. So here goes:

At 5000 RPM my 80# injectors are at 64% duty cycle maintaining an A/F ratio of 11.4 to 1. Boost is 19psi.

See my sig for engine combo. Heads are CNC-ported GN1's, if that matters. Head gaskets are .051 thickness. Timing is 20/18.

And and interesting comparison: my OLD combo (stock short block, stock ported heads, PT51 turbo) ran 66% duty cycle on 60# injectors, same boost, same RPM. It propelled the car 7.60 in the 1/8th mile.

little over 600

at 3600lb thats mid 10s
that assumes all the cylinders are popping

Nice. That's better than I thought. On the street, my butt dyno thinks I'm in the mid 11's, but it's hard to tell since the car spins the drag radials all the way through 1st and 2nd gear.

Over 300lbs/hr of fuel so 600-620hp. Old combo 520-540hp. You could have ran the smaller injector on both combos.

Bison, I'm not sure if 60's would of been large enough for this combo, because at 5250 RPMs the 80# injectors are hitting 70% duty cycle, so that equates to 93% duty cycle on 60# injectors, assuming my math is correct. Once I get some gremlins worked out, the shift points will be at 5600. At that RPM, 60# injectors would be maxed out. And this is at 19# boost. If I decide to turn it up to 25#, then 60's would never make it. Remember I'm not running alky.

Bison, I'm not sure if 60's would of been large enough for this combo, because at 5250 RPMs the 80# injectors are hitting 70% duty cycle, so that equates to 93% duty cycle on 60# injectors, assuming my math is correct. Once I get some gremlins worked out, the shift points will be at 5600. At that RPM, 60# injectors would be maxed out. And this is at 19# boost. If I decide to turn it up to 25#, then 60's would never make it. Remember I'm not running alky.
Be sure you are getting battery voltage to the injector harness and the harness is in good shape. you should be able to get more out of those injectors. I can't remember for sure but I thought the flow was over 65lb/hr at relatively low pressures like 43psi. If youre running those up around 100% you should be making 10.0 power or better on non oxygenated fuels. You could definitely run them out if you really crank it up though

Back