You can type here any text you want

any way to make these wheels fit

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbotrix2004

getting a good deal on a set of 19" rims that were on a BMW, will these fit? Can someone tell me what i would need to make them fit? I cant afford ccw's so id like to make these fit
5x120
front 19x8.5 et32 3" lip
rear 19x9 et38 3.75" lip

i dont have the wheels yet but i guess what i want to know is that if i do get them can i make them work?

There's enough of a difference that when you tighten up the log nuts they'll be tweaked sideways slightly. If it's for regular street driving it shouldn't be an issue, but if you try some spirited driving you may break the studs.

You could also get wheel adapters 5 lug 4.75 to 5 lug 120mm, it would move wheel out 1". But the same thing goes, they would be fine on the street, but not sure how fast I'd like to go on spacers/adapters. Shame since BMW has some nice looking wheels.

Got a local machine or tool shop? Have the rims drilled so they require shank style lugs. They can tweak the bolt circle and keep it perfect. Can't be drilled, but a really good 4 flute end mill will cut a very clean hole...and it doesn't need to bite even. It will make a precise hole and not lead off. I've done this a dozen times. Can be done on a Bridgeport or CNC.

but it seems like the proper fix.... i don't think i really trust the wobble nuts
My point is...they need machined. Whether or not you re-cut the seats into a new location or re-cut the entire hole into the correct location....it needs to be exact. As long as the center hole is swept to find exact center and then calculations are made to the correct locations...I would trust it. When you re-cut the holes...they establish the location with the shank type lugs. Your only moving the bolt circle out an additional 0.0150"...but if its off center...it will fatigue over time and be dangerous.
Just be careful.

From experience get proper wheels that fit your car. You do not want your rim to fly off at any speed! Safety first.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Ok we'll i found a company that is making adapters to go from 120.65 to 120 so I will be getting those

Last edited:
Back