You can type here any text you want

Anybody Ever Chrome T wheels

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

corymc

I was just wonderin if anybody has chromed their t wheels and if they have any pics. i just thought of this becuase im not much on many of the 15inch aftermarket wheels

i have seen pics of a car with this done, IMHO it looked absolutely terrible, i would advise against it.
Gary

I saw a T in Bowling Green and Kirban's meet where the guy polished them up like chrome. Didn't look horrible but different for sure! They were growing on me that's for sure the more I looked at them! :) Here is the pic I took....

KirbanOpenHouse9-07+013.jpg

Here is the super size pic of it so you can see them better.. KirbanOpenHouse9-07 013.jpg

That's Geven Aston's car. He's from the ATL area. I can tell as his car also has a silver leather interior. My wheels are done just like his and I like the polished treatment on a chromed trimmed T. Same guy (I think) did both of ours as he is too from Atlanta but I don't know his name?

I think that's what makes them is the car is a chrome T package. I don't know how they would look on a blacked out T. Considering how much of a pain in the a$$ it is to keep those rims nice that sure is one way to make them easy to clean the brake dust off of! :D

I saw the car at Kirban's too. I thought those wheels looked Great !! Add the leather interior, and that was one of the nicest cars there. I agree you would need the chrome package for the best look. :cool:

Brake dust residue/ damage due to neglect is why mine were polished. Not by my fault but by 1st owner. They do clean up nice with the Mother's powerball attachment to a drill and chrome polish!

Thanks for the idea. I have a set of Gbodyparts special ordered 15X8 and 15X6 T Wheels that are definately going in for the polish and chrome treatment. I have a bud who owes me some dough and he happens to own a plating shop. I was wondering how I would collect. I wouldn't normally do it to a stock set, but they are already altered. My car has more chrome than a 48' Buick so they may be the ticket. Different for sure.

kirban 2 cents worth

Another idea you may wanna also consider. First chrome them does not look good. I have seen one set done and maybe because of the coarse areas of the wheel it just does not look good on the cars.

Gevens T looks great in person polished heck the man has a air stream trailer that looks just as nice......

A less labor intensified option would be to do this:

Polish the smooth areas and the outer ring...I have seen that done leave the centers coarse....

Unfortunately the T rim unless you keep it up and never apply the front brakes does not lend its self to many great options....

I sold mine went with my 16 by 8 GNX style wheels...better all around....again just my opinion....

kirbanprformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Gbodyparts had a chrome T-wheel at one time, I believe they still do. It's an option.

Powdercoat is another. I cleaned and polished the ribs on my own T-wheels and applied gloss clear over wheel. Pictures are attached. I'm a DIY powdercoater and it's taken me a couple of iterations to get the process down. But the clear powder will not yellow and more importantly it fills in the pores in the cast portion giving you the stock look but it cleans with a soap and water. In a pinch you can evern wipe them down with detail spray and get ALL of the brake dust off.

I have a how to thread on the process but it's not for the faint at heart. It's taken me 2 iterations with the powder to get it right and stripping the stuff off is a royal PITA.

Attachments

• IMG_7425.JPG
    IMG_7425.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_7426.JPG
    IMG_7426.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 210
The polished look is something one would have to seen in person to appreciate I think. I also think it would look better on a chrome package vs blackout like someone mentioned.

I think the powdercoated silver with polished ribs is the better look imo.

Underdog....nice Rims!!!!!!

AND......i think they look VERY cool on my 4,900 mile we4 :eek: thanks again to tim!!!

Back