You can type here any text you want

Anybody have any use for these 4.1 parts?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jdpolzin

I've got a 4.1L 291 cast 1983 Regal complete motor that I will be using in my 86-87 IC set up. I'll be pulling everything off the motor here in a couple days. I know the intake and carb are good for you guys but I'm not sure what else. The motor also has an ACCEL distributer. If you guys need any off this, let me know. You can have it very cheap! Take care guys! -------Jeremy

Hey Jeremy, is the distributor a CCC design or stand alone? Same question about the carb please.

Charlie, I'll have to get a camera on them and post it. I'm not sure if it's computer controlled or not to be honest. I believe they are computer controlled. I'll be bringing the motor over to the garage to start the tear down, I'll snap a few tomorrow evening and post them up.

Arent these 4.1 intakes good for a few extra HP's than the stock 3.8's?

If the distributor has a vac advance on it the it won't be CCC, as far as the carb, if it has anything other than the choke plug on it the it's CCC. The 4.1 intake works great to increase power especially if you port it like I did. Excelent intake. I asked first Adam. lol

I know I know, I don't need one lol, just admiring it from a distance Charlie.

My buddy looked at the motor a few minutes ago and he did not see a vacuum advance on the distributer. He also said the carb looks like it has some sort of IAC on it. So I'm thinking this is a computer controlled set up.

My buddy looked at the motor a few minutes ago and he did not see a vacuum advance on the distributer. He also said the carb looks like it has some sort of IAC on it. So I'm thinking this is a computer controlled set up.

Last call before it all goes to the scrap yard. Definately a computer controlled set up.

if you still have the parts I have a buddy that might want the intake/carb and other stuff too

I would be the Buddy! I have had a heck of a time registering! I have an 82 Grand National and would be very interested in finding out what parts you have left. Thanks!

Guys, I just sent everything out today to Charlie but I do have a line on another 4.1 that I may try to snag up. If I get it, I will let you know.

I would be the Buddy! I have had a heck of a time registering! I have an 82 Grand National and would be very interested in finding out what parts you have left. Thanks!

I have quite a few parts. PM me for what you need. I only bought the stuff from Jeremy because I hate to see it go to scrap. Do a little searching under my name and you'll find how to modify the 4.1 intake for more power. I'm just trying to make sure this stuff isn't melted down and turned into another rice car.:eek::biggrin:

Back