You can type here any text you want

Anybody know where to find AN style firewall fitting?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1BADTT

Browsing through the net some time ago I stumbled across an AN style (red & blue aluminum) wire bulkhead fitting for the firewall. I'm trying to find where I had seen it, to no avail :mad:. Decided to post it here & see if somebody had actually seen it too. Thanx in advance for any help...

Browsing through the net some time ago I stumbled across an AN style (red & blue aluminum) wire bulkhead fitting for the firewall. I'm trying to find where I had seen it, to no avail :mad:. Decided to post it here & see if somebody had actually seen it too. Thanx in advance for any help...

Have you tried "Russell" Russell Performance or "Earl's" Earl's Performance Plumbing, Hoses, Hose Ends, and Brake Systems ...
One note though in case you didn't know: It is not permitted by any race sanctioning body to have fuel entering the driver's compartment, so if your idea was to use a bulkhead fitting in the firewall to install a fuel pressure gauge inside the car...only one word: DON'T !

Claude. ;)

Ttt

Have you tried "Russell" Russell Performance or "Earl's" Earl's Performance Plumbing, Hoses, Hose Ends, and Brake Systems ...
One note though in case you didn't know: It is not permitted by any race sanctioning body to have fuel entering the driver's compartment, so if your idea was to use a bulkhead fitting in the firewall to install a fuel pressure gauge inside the car...only one word: DON'T !

Claude. ;)

Claude, first thanx for ur reply. I've already searched those links without finding what I'm looking for & I'm not trying to run a fuel line into the cabin. The fitting I'm looking for is used to run wires or other lines through the firewall. It's a very big AN style fitting & I think it even has a grommet inside of it. If I'm not mistaken I think some guys here use it & it's placed on the A/C delete plate. I just can't find the pics here & the site where I saw it for sale. :cool:

if the fitting yo uare thinking of has one in it anyways, then save the $$$ and just drill the hole and put a grommet in it. why bother with the extra fitting if you don't have to?

Is it an actual -an looking fitting with a grommet inside or are you talking about the aircraft bulkhead plugs that allow you to disconnect all the wiring in the engine compartment with 1 plug?

fitting

I think the fitting he is talking about is actually a two piece deal with one side being threaded and the other a locking nut with a quench seal/grommet. The hole would be drilled with a uni-bit then installation of the fitting. High end audio shops use it for running alot of wiring including large power wires for amplifiers.

Is it an actual -an looking fitting with a grommet inside or are you talking about the aircraft bulkhead plugs that allow you to disconnect all the wiring in the engine compartment with 1 plug?

I think the fitting he is talking about is actually a two piece deal with one side being threaded and the other a locking nut with a quench seal/grommet. The hole would be drilled with a uni-bit then installation of the fitting. High end audio shops use it for running alot of wiring including large power wires for amplifiers.

Dusty, WeSS, do u guys have any pics of the fittings you're refering to? It looks like an actual -AN fitting. It's anodized aluminum, blue & a maybe little red. I've seen it on someones car here, mounted on the A/C delete plate capped.

fitting

Dusty, WeSS, do u guys have any pics of the fittings you're refering to? It looks like an actual -AN fitting. It's anodized aluminum, blue & a maybe little red. I've seen it on someones car here, mounted on the A/C delete plate capped.

The only thing I found was a two piece plate that screws together with a grommet. I know that is not what you're looking for. Are you sure someone didn't cut say a - 10 then tig it to the plate? I remember seeing an ac delete plate like you mentioned but it has been awhile.

Thax Dusty, that looks pretty interesting, might consider it. I think I found a pic of a car with what I might be talking about. Not a 100% sure cause I recall the pic having the fitting more clearly exposed & the place I saw it on the net was advertising it as something new they had come up with. If my memory doesn't betray me :redface: they also said it had a grommet inside. WeSS, I'm sure u might recognize this pic, it's a Florida car. Roy & laz??

Copyofroysmall3.jpg

lol

Thax Dusty, that looks pretty interesting, might consider it. I think I found a pic of a car with what I might be talking about. Not a 100% sure cause I recall the pic having the fitting more clearly exposed & the place I saw it on the net was advertising it as something new they had come up with. If my memory doesn't betray me :redface: they also said it had a grommet inside. WeSS, I'm sure u might recognize this pic, it's a Florida car. Roy & laz??

Copyofroysmall3.jpg

That is an old picture with a tiny turbo. They change combos often :eek:

Back