Anybody run 9's with a factory heads?

109 block, 8445 casting heads, stock trrottle body/bonnet, stock rods and crank. The engine had 2 billet caps and ARP hardware thruout, TRW's and ductile moly rings, T&D 1.65 rockers. The car weighed 3520 with me in it, It has a TH400 with a 4500 10" converter and a brake. 28 x 10 slick, stock susp. Single 3" dumped at axle, 3" downpipe, 72 P trim turbo, 30#'s boost. I spun the motor to about 6800/7200

218/218 .565/.565 billet hydraulic roller and the compression was at 9.5:1 the springs i run are 175# on the seat and 455 over the hump. The car had no cage and i was always "excused" from the racetrack if i ran faster than 11.0 so i always just ran 1/8th mile. My car is very well known in Northern California, ask around if you don't belive me. It's a white 86 T-Type. I have pics but i have no idea how to post them, i also have some vids too.

6800 / 7200 is a LOT of RPM for a small hyd roller... isn't max for that cam around 6200??? and DAMN on that Converter size too :eek: .. When are you running that car again.. i would LOVE to see it run.. are you coming out to the WCN??

6800 / 7200 is a LOT of RPM for a small hyd roller... isn't max for that cam around 6200??? and DAMN on that Converter size too :eek: .. When are you running that car again.. i would LOVE to see it run.. are you coming out to the WCN??

Yeah,

It is alot of rpm but that's what it liked. Like i said i broke the block and now building a stage off center motor. I kinda stick around local, i don't go out of town too often, and there isint too many Turbo Buick racers up here in nor cal to hang around with, most guy's just cruise or do dyno runs i'm a track guy myself.

I guess it worked, i will post more pics if you want and i'll try to post a short vid of a run.

Yeah,

It is alot of rpm but that's what it liked. Like i said i broke the block and now building a stage off center motor. I kinda stick around local, i don't go out of town too often, and there isint too many Turbo Buick racers up here in nor cal to hang around with, most guy's just cruise or do dyno runs i'm a track guy myself.

What track do you go to up there? Sonoma?

I would love to plan a trip up there. :D

what are you running for head gaskets ???? :confused:

I have been using the RJC's They only last 4 passes then they start too lift w/ Irons. I have never blown an RJC but they do let Exhaust gasses enter the cooling system after continuous use.

I tried the stockers and they sealed the best but once I saw 4 on the knock it was all over.

Going with Alum Heads now. I'm O-ringing, and receiver-grooving while using SCE Titans.

I haven't broke a thing :mad: I can't keep the damn Iron heads on!
.......... what do you meen by you cant kkep the heads on????? do you meen you keep blowing head gaskets???? and if so, why??? to much psi???? leaning out..(not enought fuel?...) in just asking , im getting ready to start building my motor, and i just want to know what to buy before i start building it..... can any one tell me how do you get a stage1 or stage 2 out of a 3.8 stock block????? sorry i know this has nothing to do with the question in hand.....:biggrin: