Anybody run 9's with a factory heads?

This is about it: I life in Orange County I have the time it takes me to get to each track in front of each URL.

1.5hrs- Borona: Barona 1/8th Mile Drags

45.min- California Speedway: Auto Club Dragway - California Speedway

1.5hrs- Irwindale: Irwindale Dragstrip - 2007 Schedule

3hrs- Bakersfield: Auto Club Famoso Raceway

6hrs- Sonoma: Infineon Raceway | Raceway Info | Wednesday Night Drags

Outside CA

4.5hrs- Las Vegas NV: Las Vegas Motor Speedway | Track Info | Strip

6hrs- Speed World:Welcome To SpeedWorld Drag Strip

ok stop your bitching :p we have 1 ... 30/40 min away ... then ya have another 2 1/2 hours away (place sucks) .. then its 5 hours to E town,NJ.. 6 hours to Atco, NJ... and 7 to Cecil County in Md :eek: :redface:

ok stop your bitching :p we have 1 ... 30/40 min away ... then ya have another 2 1/2 hours away (place sucks) .. then its 5 hours to E town,NJ.. 6 hours to Atco, NJ... and 7 to Cecil County in Md :eek: :redface:

:redface: LOL

Grumpy,Grumpy,Grumpy The tracks here are open every other solar eclipse. :tongue:

I'll bet these cars had more than "just" 25lb's of boost...more like 40 unless the cars weighed 2900lb or less.:D

My guess is 30-32psi on on a 10.0:1 engine with a solid spinning to 7500+rpm. Maybe as much as 11.0:1:eek: .I doubt they were over 35 psi. The cars were at least 3400 lbs. Id bet they had 4 bolt tangentials on them also. If they didnt then they were leaving a lot more on the table;) . Iron heads work and work damn well. Ive run faster than a lot of cars that were way more modded than mine and i only got one pass with the combo in the sig before i got the boot for no bar.

In Puerto Rico...

We have 3 1/4m tracks, 2 1/8m tracks & 1 in the making adds 3 1/8m tracks. They're open Monday thru Thursday & on Saturdays. :p :biggrin:

I think Roy Garcia ran 9.3s with iron heads...

how fast on the West Coast Iron Heads?

West coast cars are fast too!:biggrin:

I have been 6.22 @ 111.0 in the 1/8th with ported stockers and a ported stock intake, stock crank and rods, stock block, stock throttle body and plenum. I can tell you the combo if you want.:cool:

West coast cars are fast too!:biggrin:

I have been 6.22 @ 111.0 in the 1/8th with ported stockers and a ported stock intake, stock crank and rods, stock block, stock throttle body and plenum. I can tell you the combo if you want.:cool:

6.22@111.0 :confused: :confused: :confused: Did the motor have 5k on it? I'm not saying you didn't do it, but damn :eek: that's seriously kinda hard to believe. :redface:

I understand the Irons & ported stock intake, "maybe" stock throttle body & plenum, but the crank, and rods with stock mains :rolleyes: ????

6.22@111.0 :confused: :confused: :confused: Did the motor have 5k on it? I'm not saying you didn't do it, but damn :eek: that's seriously kinda hard to believe. :redface:

I understand the Irons & ported stock intake, "maybe" stock throttle body & plenum, but the crank, and rods with stock mains :rolleyes: ????
I dont think he mentioned stock mains. That would be hard to believe especially if done repeatedly. I could see the stock crank and rods lasting a little while if everything was perfect. Kind of risky with the amount of crank flex and the stock rods wanting to bend at the cylinder pressures required to run those numbers.

109 block, 8445 casting heads, stock trrottle body/bonnet, stock rods and crank. The engine had 2 billet caps and ARP hardware thruout, TRW's and ductile moly rings, T&D 1.65 rockers. The car weighed 3520 with me in it, It has a TH400 with a 4500 10" converter and a brake. 28 x 10 slick, stock susp. Single 3" dumped at axle, 3" downpipe, 72 P trim turbo, 30#'s boost. I spun the motor to about 6800/7200

218/218 .565/.565 billet hydraulic roller and the compression was at 9.5:1 the springs i run are 175# on the seat and 455 over the hump. The car had no cage and i was always "excused" from the racetrack if i ran faster than 11.0 so i always just ran 1/8th mile. My car is very well known in Northern California, ask around if you don't belive me. It's a white 86 T-Type. I have pics but i have no idea how to post them, i also have some vids too.

I dont think he mentioned stock mains. That would be hard to believe especially if done repeatedly. I could see the stock crank and rods lasting a little while if everything was perfect. Kind of risky with the amount of crank flex and the stock rods wanting to bend at the cylinder pressures required to run those numbers.

I split the block in two last year, crank is still in one piece, block just split in two right below the water jacket and it took the timing cover and trans out with it:biggrin:

I always thought the car was a strong 9.70 car at about 140. Engine lasted 2 years (about 125 passes) before the block split in two.

I am an engine builder by trade and i am currently building a off center early casting stage motor for the car.

See Brent, other people have done your record you set out to do..SO now step up to the right set up and stop Fing around with breaking shi*...