Anybody seller or bidder on this car on E-bay

Thats it. I think it was advertised as the AVC test car.

I am going to go out on a limb here and be direct:
Is that yours, UNGN, or a friend of yours?
There were about 20 or so pics when I first looked into it when it was first being handled by the consignment house in Culver City or Inglewood. The owner was at that time a Chuck & or Peggy I believe E??????? living just outside of Phoenix or Scottsdale, and he had either just the year before bought it from either Minnesota or Michigan or bought it from a person who just had bought it the year before. Car was complete but a little neglected at that time. About 4 or 5 years ago. Pity this has happened to such a beautiful car. Just sickening.

I am going to go out on a limb here and be direct:
Is that yours, UNGN, or a friend of yours?
There were about 20 or so pics when I first looked into it when it was first being handled by the consignment house in Culver City or Inglewood. The owner was at that time a Chuck & or Peggy I believe E??????? living just outside of Phoenix or Scottsdale, and he had either just the year before bought it from either Minnesota or Michigan or bought it from a person who just had bought it the year before. Car was complete but a little neglected at that time. About 4 or 5 years ago. Pity this has happened to such a beautiful car. Just sickening.

No, I don't know anything about the car other than I kind of remember the advertisement from a few years back.

I thought back then it had 13K miles on it or something like that. I remember it looked like a low mile car, but I also remember thinking with an AVC dash, there is no telling how many miles the car actually has.

Why I even paid attention to this car at all when it was advertised a few years ago is that my T-type was optioned similarly and was dealer modified with seats and suspension changes and I wanted to see if they came from the same place. My car is a 95K mile 1986 T-type and not a 20K mile "white GN".

No, I don't know anything about the car other than I kind of remember the advertisement from a few years back.

I thought back then it had 13K miles on it or something like that. I remember it looked like a low mile car, but I also remember thinking with an AVC dash, there is no telling how many miles the car actually has.

Why I even paid attention to this car at all when it was advertised a few years ago is that my T-type was optioned similarly and was dealer modified with seats and suspension changes and I wanted to see if they came from the same place. My car is a 95K mile 1986 T-type and not a 20K mile "white GN".

I think that when it was under consignment it was being advertised as a 12K car. Everything about the car in the pictures looked like a low mile car. Of course the plastic over the floor carpets might have been a smoke screen, who knows. I think that the floor carpets did look like they might have seen a few more K miles than 12K.

My Turbo Buick has 23.5K miles on it currently, and looks very close to that car on the exterior, other than the white bumpers.

I think that when it was under consignment it was being advertised as a 12K car. Everything about the car in the pictures looked like a low mile car. Of course the plastic over the floor carpets might have been a smoke screen, who knows. I think that the floor carpets did look like they might have seen a few more K miles than 12K.

My Turbo Buick has 23.5K miles on it currently, and looks very close to that car on the exterior, other than the white bumpers.

It's hard to judge the miles on the car from the exterior, as nothing is original.

Usually replaced bumper, grille and missing hood ornament = Wrecked.

There is no way that is the original paint, either. The paint on my T-type is original and it failed in the early 90's. I can't even imagine a car that was driven in Phoenix for any amount of time, even just year, wouldn't cause the original paint to come apart in large chunks.

Got this email from him:
It changed from a T type to a Jeep?

Sorry for the delay,

If you are interested in my 1986 BUICK REGAL T-TYPE, automatic transmission. You should know that it has never been wrecked or damaged, the car is in excellent condition. All the manuals, clear title and the original documentation come along with the car. The total price that I'm asking for the car including shipping and insurance fees will be $4,200.
The Jeep is located in Belton, TX. I have the pictures hosted on the net and you can see them at :
cahoon_m/car - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The car is in great condition inside, outside and mechanically. The interior of the car is free of cracks, rips, tears or any other damage. The vehicle's undercarriage is free of rust, leaks, or mechanical damage. The vehicle's electric is working perfectly. The engine in this vehicle runs like the day it was brand new. If you are interested about this car, please provide me the following information's necessary to take a decision:
-your full name and address for shipping.

Thank you for your time,
Michael

I contacted this person as well and got the exact same e-mail as you posted above. Talk about to way to good to be true.

Me too and when I asked for a phone number he said he couldn't talk on the phone because of a hearing problem. Hmmm.........

Fwiw. I was contacted about 5 months back from somebody asking for a recommendation for that car as they knew that I had researched the car a few years prveiously. It was on E-scam at that time and the location of the car was given as somewhere in Texas. Those pictures appear to be the same pictures that I review about 4-5 years back, yet one or more of the pictures shows the date of 2 years ago? It seems to me longer than 2 years back that I saw that car first for sale.

Nigerians.

Did anyone run the VIN thru Carfax?

I doubt it will show up in "Belton, TX"

Sounds like they're at it again....
There was a GN listed (in Canada)on ebay approx 4 weeks ago that was a very low mile car for I think 6,000.00 buy it now. Car looked very clean...but I noticed a nice red T in in the center of the steereing wheel instead of the Tri-shield logo...Seller stated in item description that before placing any bids, you MUST contact them via their e-mail directly or your bid would be cancelled.......so I wrote them. They wrote back and everything they wrote sounded way to good to be true, so I contacted ebay with my concerns of a scam & sure enough within a couple of hours ebay removed the ad.
1 week later the same car showed up with the same pic, description & contact information, but this time the car was in Virginia...I contacted ebay again & it was removed again.

The Darkside

Got this email from him:
It changed from a T type to a Jeep?

Sorry for the delay,

If you are interested in my 1986 BUICK REGAL T-TYPE, automatic transmission. You should know that it has never been wrecked or damaged, the car is in excellent condition. All the manuals, clear title and the original documentation come along with the car. The total price that I'm asking for the car including shipping and insurance fees will be $4,200.
The Jeep is located in Belton, TX. I have the pictures hosted on the net and you can see them at :
cahoon_m/car - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The car is in great condition inside, outside and mechanically. The interior of the car is free of cracks, rips, tears or any other damage. The vehicle's undercarriage is free of rust, leaks, or mechanical damage. The vehicle's electric is working perfectly. The engine in this vehicle runs like the day it was brand new. If you are interested about this car, please provide me the following information's necessary to take a decision:
-your full name and address for shipping.

Thank you for your time,
Michael

The wording of the seller's email reminds me of the guy that keeps falsely advertising a GNX for sale from various locations around the world (but never the same location he is at:rolleyes:). One time I believe the car was located in Spain but he was supposedly in Alaska or something...but it was always ready to ship; all he needed was your "informations" and your money. I even remember another thread that was on this board that had an email quoted from him that started out with a GNX as the subject of the email and eventually it turned to a pickup truck...idiot lies so much he can't even keep his bullsh!t straight. BTW, note that if you follow the Photobucket link it's no longer a good link either.