You can type here any text you want

Anybody using SC&C's new Watts link rear suspension?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I just bought their upper/lower control arms with some SBC springs and Id have to say their stuff is top notch. Their customer service is simply second to none IMO. Mark will talk with you as long as you want and is terribly knowledgeable.

I saw that rear link setup on the site and was wondering the same.:confused:

I talked to Mark a couple of weeks ago about suspension stuff for another car. Im wanting to hear some feedback on the Watts link too. If we dont hear anything I might have some feedback over the winter on an Olds 442 A-Body.

Check out pro-touring.com... Quite a few gbody guys over there, and some that are currently running, or are very close to running one of Marks watts links. :cool:

I have the weld in kit that .... isn't ....quite.... welded in yet...:frown:

It's made by Fay's 2 Suspension FAYS2 Suspension Watts Link
and is a very, very nice piece. Everything is very beefy with this kit. Mark mentioned that it will limit the lateral movement of the axle to something like an 1/8th of an inch or so, which should do wonders for the rest of the suspension like the control arm bushings. No binding !!! :)

I have the bolt in Watts Link in my shop, but I am waiting for the Currectrac Arms to do the install. I will let you know when it is installed and will post pics. :cool:

So what would a watts link be good for? Is this more of a pro-touring setup or would it help out the straight liners too. I saw it a while ago, but never gave it a second thought because it was never mentioned on here.

It's a handling mod. It keeps the rear end centerd during hard cornering but does not effect any up and down movement of the axle.

Looks like a cool part in the pictures....Does this go in place of a sway bar then? Cuz it dont look like the HR bar will clear it at the mounting point to the tubes......:confused:

I think that a stock sway bar can still be used but not sure about the HR style bars, I could be wrong. Again though, this is a part made for cornering not straight line performance and you generally want to set up your car to do one or the other.

Spohn will be coming out with a Pro-Touring rear bar that mounts like the H-R bar. There will be 2 Pairs of mounts on the axle tubes (2 with the Watts Link and 2 with the sway bar) and Mark at SC&C has tested them and they are tight, but they Will Fit (as they are designed). :biggrin:

I will post picks when my install is done. :cool:

Spohn will be coming out with a Pro-Touring rear bar that mounts like the H-R bar. There will be 2 Pairs of mounts on the axle tubes (2 with the Watts Link and 2 with the sway bar) and Mark at SC&C has tested them and they are tight, but they Will Fit (as they are designed). :biggrin:

I will post picks when my install is done. :cool:

Yes please, im following this one.......:biggrin:

As of today I am still waiting for the Currectrac rear arms. Once I get those in I hope to get to install the rear set-up within about a week. Will keep you posted. :biggrin:

I was lurking and now I'm subscribed. I'm interested in the pics and the info as well.

Finally got the Currectrac Arms. (See "Fun at the Powdercoater" thread) I will get to the install as soon as I can. My new Boze wheels should be in soon too, so I will be posting LOTS of pics. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Now I wonder when the Spohn Pro-Touring Rear Swaybar will be available :confused:

Finally got around to it...

... this may not be of much use to most of you since I can't give you before and after handling tests BUT you can get an idea of what it looks like anyway.

The propeller.
005.jpg

The axle brackets. Take a look at the brake lines, some mods will be needed.
006.jpg

Overall shot.
007.jpg

I still need to make support brackets for the "cradle" so I can tie it in with the frame rails and give it plenty of strength. Overall it's a very nice piece with high quality components.

Well that's no good, we want 0-60 time, slalom tests, skid pad results, lateral g-force mesurments.... just kidding, nice looking piece. Looks as though you have your hands full with that project, mine will be getting the same treatment this winter. Good luck

Back