You can type here any text you want

Anymore talk about 17 inch T wheels?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

usetaboost

SAY CAR RAMROD!!
The monte crowd got theirs, what about us?

4cbb6852.jpg

I worked on that project for the N-90 wheels. They also fit the 79-81 Camaro's. There is a large amount of vehicles that they would look correct on. Large customer base better sales.

I worked on that project for the N-90 wheels. They also fit the 79-81 Camaro's. There is a large amount of vehicles that they would look correct on. Large customer base better sales.

I just sold a set of original Z28 wheels,unbeknownst to me the offset is different than SS and I was stuck with them collecting dust,I sold them to a Z28 restorer (for cheap) cause I knew there are 17inchers for Monte's available for a good price in the unlikely event I'd need some. Anyway I've seen Monte SS wheels on a Z28 and because the offset pushes them out farther-I think they look better.

How about these,they reminded me of SS wheels...but not SS wheels. Without any real life pics to judge I think they would look good-any takers to set a precedent?.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/17x8-B-G-Rod-Works-Gasser-5x120-65-5x4-75-0mm-Gun-Metal-Wheels-Rims-Inch-17-/380430896770?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make:Buick|Submodel:Grand National&vxp=mtr&hash=item589372ce82

I really like those. But I can't be the first right now...blew my budget doing the suspension!

I am not saying there isn't a market. What any manufacturer will do is see how many they can sell with in a certain period of time. Keep in mind I have a few T's myself.
As far as the general Lee the Dodge has a different bolt pattern. Back in 04 we supplied all the T-wheels to the Duke's of Hazzard movie. Every one had to be re-done for the Dodge bolt pattern.
If I am not mistaken American Racing brought back the T wheels. They didn't do very well at all. I tried to find some to carry & I still haven't found any new unoits avaialable.

I am not saying there isn't a market. What any manufacturer will do is see how many they can sell with in a certain period of time. Keep in mind I have a few T's myself.
As far as the general Lee the Dodge has a different bolt pattern. Back in 04 we supplied all the T-wheels to the Duke's of Hazzard movie. Every one had to be re-done for the Dodge bolt pattern.
If I am not mistaken American Racing brought back the T wheels. They didn't do very well at all. I tried to find some to carry & I still haven't found any new unoits avaialable.

I still have not done anything with the new set of A/R Vectors that I have as I am so disappointed with the paint on the car and can't see putting them on unless I paint the car 1st. I picked up 4 on ebay a few years back that were supposedly new......they look it, however they have very very minor scratches here and there from god knows what. They are the correct GM bolt pattern but the back spacing is off and would need spacers to push the wheel out away from the frame. The are also however still only the 15" rims not 17" but think they would look nice on any T if you like the vector look.

Attachments

• 47.jpg
    47.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 175
I still have not done anything with the new set of A/R Vectors that I have as I am so disappointed with the paint on the car and can't see putting them on unless I paint the car 1st. I picked up 4 on ebay a few years back that were supposedly new......they look it, however they have very very minor scratches here and there from god knows what. They are the correct GM bolt pattern but the back spacing is off and would need spacers to push the wheel out away from the frame. The are also however still only the 15" rims not 17" but think they would look nice on any T if you like the vector look.
How long ago did you buy them? Do they have a part # on the box? I thought they had made two different sizes, 15" & 17" . I'm probably wrong it has been a while.

How long ago did you buy them? Do they have a part # on the box? I thought they had made two different sizes, 15" & 17" . I'm probably wrong it has been a while.

Let's see....it was back in 4-9-2010 I bought them on ebay for 879.99 + shipping from a private seller who was selling various Vector rims and other stuff......mostly old and used with various bolt patterns and back spacing, happened to see these on there and figured what the heck. Just checked ebay as I kept their I.D. and the last time they even sold on ebay was November 30, 2010......had all positive feedback.

As for the numbers on the boxes, I will check when I get home tonight and report back on Monday as My computer room at home is torn apart for floor refinish and wall repaint....so no puter at home.

When I was looking for them back in 2010 I tried calling a ton of places that showed they had them as far as the internet was concerned but when I called everyone told me they were sold out. I even called American Racing and they didn't have any and couldn't say who might even have any left.

I had this link saved in my bookmarks but I'll be damned if I can find it when I go on A/R 's web site. http://www.americanracingwheelsinfo.com/American_Racing_Vector_SE.htm

American Racing Vector SE custom wheel. This wheel is a one-piece painted/machined aluminum wheel. It is direct bolt with conical seat lug holes for use with acorn style lugs.
47.jpg

Part# Size Bolt Pattern Offset Backspace Center Cap#
475761 15x7 5/4.75 0mm 4" 898002
475765 15x7 5/4.5 0mm 4" 898002
475773 15x7 5/5 0mm 4" 898002
4758561 15x8.5 5/4.75 +6mm 5" 898002
4758565 15x8.5 5/4.5 +6mm 5" 898002
4758573 15x8.5 5/5 +6mm 5" 898002

Let's see....it was back in 4-9-2010 I bought them on ebay for 879.99 + shipping from a private seller who was selling various Vector rims and other stuff......mostly old and used with various bolt patterns and back spacing, happened to see these on there and figured what the heck. Just checked ebay as I kept their I.D. and the last time they even sold on ebay was November 30, 2010......had all positive feedback.

As for the numbers on the boxes, I will check when I get home tonight and report back on Monday as My computer room at home is torn apart for floor refinish and wall repaint....so no puter at home.

When I was looking for them back in 2010 I tried calling a ton of places that showed they had them as far as the internet was concerned but when I called everyone told me they were sold out. I even called American Racing and they didn't have any and couldn't say who might even have any left.

I had this link saved in my bookmarks but I'll be damned if I can find it when I go on A/R 's web site. http://www.americanracingwheelsinfo.com/American_Racing_Vector_SE.htm

American Racing Vector SE custom wheel. This wheel is a one-piece painted/machined aluminum wheel. It is direct bolt with conical seat lug holes for use with acorn style lugs.
47.jpg

Part# Size Bolt Pattern Offset Backspace Center Cap#
475761 15x7 5/4.75 0mm 4" 898002
475765 15x7 5/4.5 0mm 4" 898002
475773 15x7 5/5 0mm 4" 898002
4758561 15x8.5 5/4.75 +6mm 5" 898002
4758565 15x8.5 5/4.5 +6mm 5" 898002
4758573 15x8.5 5/5 +6mm 5" 898002

Guess I don't need to get the part numbers now do I!:D

Back