You can type here any text you want

Anyone ever test Drag wheel to street wheel times?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1987T

Looking for 10's
Like the title just wondering if anyone has ever done back to back testing to see what a light weight wheel set up nets in ET vers say a Stock T - type or GN wheel tire set up.

Would be interesting to know. I was told its worth a .10th in the 1/4 but not sure I believe it lol

Thanks

I think it was HotRod or Popular Hotrodding mag did a short article on just that quite a while back ( over 20yrs ). They tested I believe a 396 chevelle with factory steel wheels and then with Weld Super Lites. I don't remember all the details but the unsprung rotating weight difference was huge and it was more than 1/10th sec. improvement.:eek: Sam

Thanks Ill try and do a search for it online and see what I come up with. More than a 1/10th would be sweet!

I saw that test from a long time ago also. What made the biggest difference was going to skinnies up front if I remember correclty. From stock wheels, to drag wheels all the way around(skinnies up front) they lost at total of .3 seconds I believe.

I saw that test from a long time ago also. What made the biggest difference was going to skinnies up front if I remember correclty. From stock wheels, to drag wheels all the way around(skinnies up front) they lost at total of .3 seconds I believe.

That would be sweet but Im not going to hope for that much lol .1 - .2 will be great!

Back