Anyone familiar with 81 vette? Got a window problem.

jay dcpt

Got an 81 vette in the shop gona get into it tommorow but the problem I have is both power windows are not working. Only spent about 5min with it today and didnt pull up any diagrams yet but i did notice there is a 30amp ciruit breaker in the fuse box that protects the circuit. Just figured i would ask here first because of all the great advice ive gotten in the past off this board.

Check the window switches to see if they're getting power and transmitting power to the motors. Until you get into it that's about all I can tell you until you get into it and take a look.

Check out corvetteforum.com some pretty helpful people over there that really know their Vettes.

I have an 80 and was having simular problems.

I found that the plastic gear in the window motor is a notorious failure point.

OK. so i cant find a wiring diagrm for this circuit to save my life. But i have been doing alot of reading and i have no power going to the switch witch for this car is the pink wire. I checked all the fuses and the 30amp breaker that controls the circuit. all seem fine so im guess that the pink wire is broken or dissconected from the fuse box. Ive been reading that alomg with the circuit breaker there is also a 20amp fuse that ties into the circuit all my fuses are good but because i cant find a diagram i dont no witch fuse i should be focusing on. if i give the pink wire power from another circuit everything works nomal. Any suggestions?

Send me a PM with your email and I'll see if I can help you with the wiring diagrams. They're not that complicated but you do need them to figure out what's going on. Make sure to inclued the DOB of the car because that makes a difference in the diagrams.

check the wire where it goes from the body to the door. they break after the door opens and closes a thousand times.

If the wire that goes from the body to the door broke when i power up the feed wire to the switch that window still wouldnt work and thats not the case here. I just need to remove the fuse box and trace the wire myself.