AnyOne from Mississippi

Brent, go ahead and get an H&R motor mount. You will not need a motor tie down when you put their driver's side mount on.

Randy, I would love to get the car running, but need $$$$$ and time. I still have the cage and other safety equipment to go, not counting convertor and turbo. My 2 girls take up the majority of my time and $$$, but I wouldn't have it any other way.:tongue: I might end up stuffing the motor in my street car with my TE45A. Ten's with air conditioning :D . I don't think my stock crank/rod/iron headed motor stands a chance against the strokers running in TSM now. Jason White dropped 1/2 a second going to a stroker.
John

Randy

Randy, what converter did you have in your car when you ran 11.18's with the un-opened motor? I have your chip and injectors and turbo (TA.60) off your car (So Andre says) and want to get close to those numbers.

Jason

Thanks Kevin! Isnt that Jeff Burros car? That car is NICE!!! I tried to buy it about 2 years ago. If there is any door dings in it, let me know and I'll slick it out for you. I still have to fix Sams as well. Yeah Like Randy said, it does have some goodies on it. Hopefully all of us can get together one day and hang out soon.

Jason

Hi Jason,
Like Randy said, this is a different car. It was a little rough around the edges when I got it. The seats needed recovered, it needed a headliner, a rust spot had to be repaired in the floor, it didn't have a radio, some of the tail lights didn't work, and numerous other small things. I've got all of that stuff handled now, so it's ready to cruise. I'm looking forward to the Nats this year. We'll all have to get together. Randy even mentioned that he's going to do a track rental around the end of Jan, I think. I'd like to make it down for that. Take Care.
Kevin

Hey Guys
What is the EASIES(with the motor in the car) way to put both motor mounts in WITHOUT screwing something-up????
THANKS
brent

Jason.....just about finished with all front braces for your car. School is going to be out Dec.20th--don't know if we will have the back braces finished by then, but we will be close.

Hey Jason the converter is a custom build by ptc also I run a turbo350 tranny ,so you will have to go with a different design the with 200r4 you can call them or call me I have an acct. with them . I would also suggest talkin with kevin on this board that is on this thread he works for TCI and could probably get you a very choice piece for your needs ,if you need ideas on stall speed and other factors you and kevin could give me call later dude .

Randy

ME TOO!!! count me in, If I can EVER get through with this "THANG" and drive it without doing "something STUPID"(but hey, it was FUN)!!!!
brent

Hey sam this track rental deal is some thing that I am goin to try and push have talk to hub city best track in the area (to me) all details not final lookin more toward early march this will become more clear toward end of Jan. I would love to see some buicks ( like at less 30 ) ,but there will be more info and I will take input .

thanxs randy

Randy, we met briefly at the Nats this past year. Geoff Burroughs introduced us. If your plans come together, is this open to cars other than Buicks? My local car club, (MS Classic Cruisers) may have a few individuals who would bring their cars down. A few of us had talked about going as a group to the Hub City track but never followed through with it. I might could get them to post an add in one of the newsletters letting the membership know of the event and hopefully get some responses to bring a few more. Let me know as you progress and I'll see what I can do. Thanks, Sam

Cool Thanks Randy.

Brent, If I dont get the car back before your students go on Christmas break, I'll just get with you after the 1st of the year.

Kevin, I do have a "pink" converter that probably needs servicing. Do I send it to you? It was in my car when I bought it and it stahls wayyy too high..like around 4500. I need it set around 32-3400.

Jason,
We can restall the converter for you. Just send it to me at:
TCI Automotive
Attn: Kevin
151 Industrial Drive
Ashland, MS 38603
Just drop a note in there with the converter stating that it needs to be restalled from 4500 to 32-3400 and we'll get it turned around for you. Also be sure to put your name and phone number on the note. I'll be gone from Weds to Sunday to PRI this week, but can get it handled from the road if it shows up while I'm not there.
Kevin

Kevin
We install the rear bumper filler that I bought from you."Man do they look good" we painted them at schooll(not bad for some high school boys doing the gun-work).
SO thanks again
brent

Brent,
I'm glad that worked out for you. Maybe I can check it out in person before long. Hopefully we can get together at the Nats, if not before then...maybe at Hub City.
Kevin

Kevin
Yea, if every down our way--stop by the school shop during the day and I will give you the tour........
When is the Nats.??? I have a hard time taking off during the school year.
But if not then, for sure at Hub City.
brent

Teaser pic

Out of the booth! More to come soon!

Attachments

• 87painted 003.jpg
    87painted 003.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 226
Sweetttttttttttttttt.... Slick paint job!!!!!!
My brother bought that t-top 87GN...before he got home the brakes when out and the heater core started leaking. I thought " what have we got ourselfs into on this car". WE took it back--we had not gone 30 miles when this happen---...... the guy is fixing(NEW vacuum brake set-up and new heater core) he said if anything ELSE is wrong with it--he would fix. Will pick-up next week.
I would like for you to look at it and give some ideas on the set-up.
Merry CHRISTmas and Happy New Year!!!!!
brent
HO!HO!HO!

Awesome!!!!! Im glad he fixed that stuff for yall, that was cool of him to do that. I cant wait to see it! Yeah we will get together and look at some go-fast goodies! Merry christmas to you too! and to all you guys reading this

Jason

Vents

They did an excellent job on the vents. They are LaCrosse Vents which are about $25 each at the dealership. They are adhesive but you do have to cut 4 holes in the fender. Looking the car over, I found some stuff in the right 1/4 panel which was unacceptable, so they are repainting it. Should get it back next week.

Attachments

• 87painted 004.jpg
    87painted 004.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 219