You can type here any text you want

Anyone Going To Reynolds

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RUQWKNF27

TRYING TO SEE IF THERE ARE ANY TR GUYS GOING TO REPRESENT FOR THE DIEHARD TURBO REGAL. SURE THERE WILL BE PLENTY OF F-BODYS , STANGS "PROBALY WILL BE THE MORE DOMINANT CAR" , AN SOME VETTES. I'LL BE THERE IN MY VETTE, GOTTA FEW PROBLEMS WITH THE G.N. BUT HOPEFULLY WILL WORK OUT. SO IF YOU SEE A CANDYAPPLE RED VETT WITH CHROME ZO6 18TEENS WITH MY USER NAME ON THE BACK THAT WILL BE ME. LIKE TO MEET MORE OF YOU TURBO GUYS REAL NICE CROWD.......

Hey--My wife and I will be there--'87 on a trailer with a white f250 p/s. That's a pretty good drive from Al. We spend a lot of time on Martin and Wedowee during the summer--beautiful country over there. I'll keep an eye out for your vett. See ya there.

Gerry

I'll be there with "V6 Beast". GN on a trailer being pulled by a '99-'00 Caddy Escalade.

K.

CAN'T WAIT

NOT SUPPOST TO RAIN AT ALL THIN SUN. ONLY LIKE 20% CHANCE. MAN I CAN ALREADY SMELL THE RUBBER BURNING. BY THE WAY ALWAYS LOOKING FOR PARTS !!!! CURRENTLY NEED WHEELS LIKE WELD LITES ETC. AN INTERCOOLER AN ANY SUSPENSION PIECES OH PLUS D.O.T. TIRES DRAG RADIALS THANKS ALOT

The weather looks like a beautiful day ahead of racing in store for us (I was getting a little worried, if I had to reschedule it again I was just going to call it off until our October 5th date when we have the track again for our annual BS Stops Here event).

I wouldn't say that the 'stangs will be dominate till I actually get down there. Last time you GN folks came down, it was a pretty fair mix between GN's, F-bodies, Vettes and Stangs. There was certainly enough rivalry to get some grudge racing goin.

Ooooh, I can't wait.

Car is almost back together :D And only missing a couple of bolts ;) If it runs look for a white limited with greasy finger marks on it. :eek:
Jim

I may drive my TR over in the p.m. (30 miles to Reynolds from my house). Looking forward to seeing some old friends and meeting some new ones. Look me up if you go. (see sig for car). I would drive the 70 GS 455 over but I might not blend in as well as with the TR!:D

I was not able to make the Reynolds bash yesterday...... other committments. How's about a report from someone who attended on the turnout and the times the different cars ran especially the Turbo Buicks!:D

reynolds results

There were probaly about 7 or 8 turbo buicks there running from 12.0's down to 10.85's which was the guys from North Carolina "V6 Beast" they may have went faster but missed it. There was a smooth kinda gold maroon tr. there not sure whos car but the engine pieces were painted the same color. The turbo cars ran well despite the fact it was as humid with no air at all blowing. There was a C4 Turbo Vette from Atl. there that had a T-76 Ball Bearing on a 383 LT-4 block that spooled so loud it was crazy. Car ran when I saw 11 sec 1/4's but spun half the track. there was also a 02 Chevy Z06 that had a Procharger Blower pushing 9 lbs of charge that ran 11.0's at 135MPH on street tires. That was amazing to see needless to say the car was making a lot of power. There was also a DSM car there "all wheel drive turbo eclipse" that ran high 10's before snapping the front driveshaft. There were mustangs that were fast some mid 10's but who cares, right.. There was also a smooth little candy red C5 there but did not run.. oopppss thats me.. Over all nice event. Can't wait till Nov for the BOP race .

Hey thanks for the update. If I would have come, it would have made two cars that didn't race! Sounds like some stout comp there!

A lot of vette' and Buick guys complained that the tech fee was 20.00 , not the usual 10.00. :confused: Front gate said , "pay 10.00 to get in and 10.00 for tech...." We get the tech card , but it's 20.00 ...We ask and they said .." We weren't members..." We were invited and nothing was said :confused: Oh well...we'll charge 30.00 for tech card at the BOP if you don't have a Buick and use the money for race fuel :D

:( Alan

Reynolds reply...

Well, the day started out good for Sully (V6 Beast) and myself. Right off the trailer we went 10.90 @127.74!:D The 2nd pass we went 10.93 @117 breaking the cam sensor at around the 900ft. mark. (The pass would have probably been a new personal best for Steve.) After some searching we were unable to find a cam sensor, and decided to load everything back up in the truck and on the trailer. About 1 1/2 hour later we heard a page over the P.A. system that "a sensor" had been located!! Thanks to Paul from SE Turbo!!:D

So, at this point we missed most of the test-n-tune session, and the first of two rounds of qualifying, but we pulled the car back off the trailer, unloaded everything, and began thrashing on the car to try and make it for the 2nd round of qualifying. Which we did and qualified #11 with a 11.13 @ 127.28!!??:eek:

Needless to say we were unable to do much tweaking and tuning to this point and now we were into the elimination round of "bracket racing". So we couldn't go for any new best without breaking out.:( We then lost in the first round, oh well!!

We did have lots of fun and will return in the fall for the BOP event with more than one car, I assure you!!!:cool:

On a side note: We were the 3rd car into the track that morning, and the 1st Turbo Buick there. We watched most of, if not all the later cars enter the track. I'd like to say thanks to RUQWKNF27 and the other two people from Florida (sorry I forgot your name) for stopping by and saying "HI"!! It was nice to meet you there. There were many others that didn't even give us a nod, wave, or stop by. And that was kind of upsetting. It even took a F-body car owner to pick Steve up from the end of the track when he broke his cam sensor.

The track officials were very friendly!! They kept track of us all morning to see if we would get the car running again for eliminations. Kudos to Silver Dollar Dragway!!:D

K.

Keith's post about covered our experience... just wanted to add a big thank you to whoever asked Paul if he had a Cam sensor and then got the track to make the announcement. I think it was the guy with the nice Rosewood T (Ron I think his name was). Look forward to the BOP in Nov.

Sully

I'd like to thank all of you guys who were able to make it down for the event, I think just about everybody had a good time. The tech card thing was my fault, I didn't do a very good job communicating the pricing and it turned around and bit me in the butt pretty hard. The last event we had done the tech cards were only $10, and that unfortunately wasn't enough to fully cover the expenses of the day and we ended up almost having to empty the club treasurery to make up the difference. We love putting on these events and its just great to have a day at the track of pretty much nothing but American cars of all shapes, makes and colors. Not just an all Mustang event, or just F-bodies, or just Buicks, and most of all, hardly any rice. The club made a little bit of money this time so next time we will be able to do more for everyone (we will probably be able to give a free t-shirt for the event with each tech card purchased at the next event, and probably some window decals to commemorate the event (kinda like the bristol bash, and those type of events)).

Also next time we probably won't be doing the bracket racing. Just a heads up elimination style race. This is only the 4th or 5th event we've put on, and each time we've gotten it a little better, so now we know one more thing NOT to do in the future, and we can adjust accordingly.

Pictures and Video from Grudge Wars 2003

We've gotten the first batch of pictures up, there are 8 rolls of film that are being developed as we speak and will be going up on the site either tonight or tomorrow. Plus we still have 2 video cameras that we have yet to rip the videos off of and upload to the site.

Check'm out.

If you have any pictures or video that you would like put up on the site, please send them to webmaster@street-lethal.com .

Hope to see you guys again October 5th for our annual BS Stops Here 2003 event.

Chris (Psychoholic)

Those are just the pics taken with the digital camera. Our photographer forgot his 512 meg card (those pics are actually 1.5 meg each and 2560*1920*16M resolution), so those were all he could take with that camera. We have 8 rolls of film that we are picking up tonight, that were scanned at high res (300 dpi) that we will be putting up on the site tonight or tomorrow.

100NIKON-DSCN0424_DSCN0424.jpg

Sully,

You need to update your sig. to the new mph.

K.

Some nice pictures... too bad they all have this red text going across the middle.

Sully

Back