Anyone have a saiga shotgun????

ttaowner

I just recently found out about these and like the concept of it. Anyone have any experience with one ? I wonder if a 12 gauge has less kick than say a pump shotgun because maybe the semi auto action absorbs some of the energy.

Also I would to change the stock to something shorter due to my small trigger length of pull

Who makes aftermarket parts for these?

I have 2, they are a little tough to get running smooth out of the box but once you do look out they are incredible. Lots of folks make parts for them check out http://forum.saiga-12.com/ more info there than anywhere. I did the comversions on mine not too tough
Mike

what did you do to get it running smooth? thanks for the link.

i showed my buddy the gun on the web and we both are gonna get one.

you need to verify the gas ports are the proper size, they seem to be sll over the place, then some bolt polishing and an aftermarket adjustable gas plug, that will get the guns running well, there are some reduded power springs if your only going to be shooting low brass and no 3" stuff but I don't use them. I will say there is nothing like emptying out a 20 rd. drum in a few seconds.

I got my mind made up I'm getting one!!!! Gotta find out if I can put a pistol grip/ collapsible stock on it . With have some stupid laws here in CT pertaining to assault weaponns and I'm not sure what I can get away with here. Definately want a rail system and a muzzle break etc.....

I've had 2, both .410's, one I fully converted and had absolutely NO problems out of the box... she fired flawlessly from day one.

First one:

Converted1.jpg

Converted2.jpg

And my current one, is stock except for a conversion stock... I need to get the parts to convert this one, and will copy the one above. I sold the one above for $1200 on gunbroker... LOL.

Grab it, you WILL NOT BE SORRY!!!

I don't want a folding stock I want a collapsible / ar15 type that slides in to shorten it up.

I don't want a folding stock I want a collapsible / ar15 type that slides in to shorten it up.

Ya, you can get those too. The one I have now has that, with the pistol grip mounted to it so you don't have to move the trigger group forward. Although, like that I can only use US mags... otherwise it doesn't have enough US parts to meet 922r regulations.

FWIW.. I really don't like the AR stock... Those AR stocks feel flimsy (Even the one from Colt on my AR... LOL). That folding stock is about 8" long without that 1 1/2 in rubber pad (16" tiles), and the folding mechanism is optional. It's made of billet aluminum, and tough as hell.

I don't plan on converting mine for a while, but if you don't plan on moving your trigger group... you're welcome to my AR style stock. Otherwise, it'll be target practice... lol.

Yes... that is it exactly. In fact, I think I bought it from them.. or Carolina Shooters Supply, can't remember which.

FWIW... that .410 had no kick at all, I could dump the whole 15rd mag in an 8in circle 50yds away as quick as I could pull the trigger... with the stock folded... LOVED that gun!!!

Pic of the first one with that stock, just before I converted it

100_0264.jpg

Here's mine, Saiga 12 and Saiga .410. The .410 is suprisingly fun and it runs perfect right out of the box full speed. I purchase a lot of my parts from www.carolinashooterssupply.com excellent service.

Attachments

• Saiga 12 SS left.JPG
    Saiga 12 SS left.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 165
  • 410 ss left.JPG
    410 ss left.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 171
Well I went through all the truble of taking very nice pics of my Sagia 12 Zombi killer but have know idea how to load them on this new site.

Go to You Tube type in. Saiga 12 shotgun 20 rd drum terminator. I built the same gum.

Well I went through all the truble of taking very nice pics of my Sagia 12 Zombi killer but have know idea how to load them on this new site.

when you are making a post see down in the lower right corner upload a file? click on that and find your pic on your computer and you upload and wait for pic #1 to take and after #1 is good do it again with #2 and etc...

or if you have a photobucket account just cut and paste the img code or the direct link on here.

very nice fun must have gun imo
oops forgot to post--- any how this is what Igot , saved up for a year and got both from the same fellow saiga 12 ranger xtr and the black widow AK47. what a day that was.

Attachments

• wm_2771574.jpg
    wm_2771574.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 121
  • pop_wm_3741082.jpg
    pop_wm_3741082.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 97