You can type here any text you want

Anyone install rear discs on our cars and retain stock t-type wheels?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
brakes

I got it to work that way.You are right it does show both of the 79 are the same.If you look back to 78 it is a different part# you would think out of the 11 sets I have one would be a 79.I'm going to store tommorrow and get them to pull the T/A caliper to see it in person.There is one thing wrong in that catalog it says those cars take a brake hose and they don't they have metal lines just like drums.I will let you know what I found out I think it will be interesting to see since they told me they weren't the same.

ahollowtub said:
I just cant see paying $115 for brackets when I can get ALL the parts for $320 from 1 source http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-...hZ019QQitemZ7977601022QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

He offers a few kits and one comes with alum calipers...

A few things you should notice on that kit:

1. the brackets are generic 3" tube weld-on. So if you don't have a welder, gotta tow your car to a muffler shop. $$$

2. Generic rotors- ...center register hole is at least 3.08" in diameter, register of a GN is 2.78", and the lug holes are 1/2" diameter, while GN studs are 7/16"- so the rotor will flop around quite a bit. And they have one hell of an offset- very likely they will hit a G body shock mount.

3. Calipers are not setup for e-brake; in some states this is illegal to run on the street or get registered.

4. Calipers shown are 2-15/16 pistoned 79-90 Caprice units ...a horrible match for your 2-1/2" pistoned stock fron calipers

951LE- 77 and 78 Seville calipers have the bigger 7" pin spacing and 2-1/2" diameter piston, while the 79 Seville and 79-81 WS6 calipers are 5-1/2" pin spacing with the same size piston. 79-85 Eldo and 80-85 Seville are 5-1/2" pin spacing, but use a 2-1/8" piston. Easiest way to tell them apart is that Seville unit's levers hang down (bleed screw up of course), while the Eldo units all stuff is on top. And you are correct- use a 79 Caprice hose if you need 12" hose, 79 Seville if 15" is needed.

The Baer rear disc 12" setup may fit with the stock T wheels.

I use AR's out back in 15" x 8" size, no spacers.

Front 12" kit did fit those wheels, worst case most likely would be a 3/8" steel spacer needed, also available from Baer reasonably.

Comes with emergency brake cabling that hooks to the stock line in the middle of the car. :)

Back