Anyone know about salvage/rebuilt titles?

Registering a rebuilt title is a problem in Mass. Not sure about other states. Check ur local DMV to see if there would an issues registering it. I bought my 09 Charger with 3500 miles on it for $18k. It booked out for about $28k. It was hit and repaired. I could care less since I was buying it as my DD.

The only issue is selling the truck at a later date. But, if you score it really cheap then you can sell it really cheap so who cares.

Before I bought mine I went to DMV and asked them if there was gonna be an issue registering it and they no. The seller did say that if you live in Mass it would be a problem but ur from NH so who cares.

And a Salvage title is not a rebuilt title. A Salvage title basically means that the car has been totaled beyond what the insurance is willing to repair. A salvage car is not necessarily drivable. A rebuilt title means that a salvage car has been repaired to drivability, or rebuilt.

As a standard rule in the car business, salvaged vehicles are worth MAX 1/3rd of normal value...

+1. There are some exceptions but not many. Good luck trying to sell a multi-owner salvaged car.

Registering a rebuilt title is a problem in Mass. Not sure about other states. Check ur local DMV to see if there would an issues registering it. I bought my 09 Charger with 3500 miles on it for $18k. It booked out for about $28k. It was hit and repaired. I could care less since I was buying it as my DD.

The only issue is selling the truck at a later date. But, if you score it really cheap then you can sell it really cheap so who cares.

Before I bought mine I went to DMV and asked them if there was gonna be an issue registering it and they no. The seller did say that if you live in Mass it would be a problem but ur from NH so who cares.

And a Salvage title is not a rebuilt title. A Salvage title basically means that the car has been totaled beyond what the insurance is willing to repair. A salvage car is not necessarily drivable. A rebuilt title means that a salvage car has been repaired to drivability, or rebuilt.

Inspection required in most states with documentation of the repair work. CT uses the word "rebuilt" to cover all vehicles whether they were theft recovery or wrecked. My black car was a theft recovery in 1989. It has a "rebuilt" title. It was not in any collision.They have no other terminology that covers vehicles which were paid out by insurance companies on their titles other than "rebuilt".

Inspection required in most states with documentation of the repair work. CT uses the word "rebuilt" to cover all vehicles whether they were theft recovery or wrecked. My black car was a theft recovery in 1989. It has a "rebuilt" title. It was not in any collision.They have no other terminology that covers vehicles which were paid out by insurance companies on their titles other than "rebuilt".
I didnt have to go thru any inspection. there is no inspection in Connecticut any longer for outta state vehicles. buying a car from another state is different then owning a CT car that recieved a "rebuilt" title and registering it. that designation originates from the state it was salvaged or rebuilt from not the the state where u register it

and OLDER too ! :D

OLDER and WISER little grasshopper :p

GNBRETT .. never had a prob registering a Salvage car in Mass.. Is this a new thing?? The only thing I can add is if you only paid $18k for your 09 Charger with 3500 miles on it the good ol state of Mass will charge you sales tax on the value of the car ($28k) NOT what ya paid. ahhhhh. state takes good care of us :rolleyes:

OLDER and WISER little grasshopper :p

GNBRETT .. never had a prob registering a Salvage car in Mass.. Is this a new thing?? The only thing I can add is if you only paid $18k for your 09 Charger with 3500 miles on it the good ol state of Mass will charge you sales tax on the value of the car ($28k) NOT what ya paid. ahhhhh. state takes good care of us :rolleyes:
I was told that by CT DMV and the seller out in OK. Didnt matter since I wasnt registering it there but they made it a point to tell me that so I can only assume its true. CT charged me sales tax on $18k.

Maybe Mass does it different but if thats the case then the insurance company would have to insure the vehicle at the value at which the state taxed you cause thats whats its worth. I dont see the insurance company doing that so I dont see DMV doing that.

Maybe Mass does it different but if thats the case then the insurance company would have to insure the vehicle at the value at which the state taxed you cause thats whats its worth. I dont see the insurance company doing that so I dont see DMV doing that.

NOPE... They don't jive . DMV just goes buy the NADA (I think) . I had a Lincoln here I got from an estate. Had all the paper work from the estate an the lawyer. DMV bitch looked up at me an said "sir you got a good deal BUT your paying on "BOOK VALUE" " Had an ins claim years ago.. Car booked @ $14k and I paid $9k for it . "Oh Sir you only paid $9k and thats all we can pay you".. Took a few weeks before I got my $14k but it wasn't easy !! Mass sucks!! Ins co you could talk to .. DMV sucks donkey balls :rolleyes:

The truck has been registered in NH for the last two years so thats not an issue but I'll save my pennies for a Duramax.