You can type here any text you want

Anyone know this car?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I'll leave the thread here since the thread is related to a car that's for sale.

FWIW the market is too soft for that car to bring what he's asking.

Offer him what you are willing to pay.

With 38K on the odometer, $18,000.00 is not too far off. I would feel comfortable giving him the asking price, but would try to initially offer 10% less.

I'd say 15k is fair. It's a buyer's market right now. Take advantage of it.

Jack Cotton has an 86 GN for sale, similar mileage for I think 15,500. I'm sure he has looked over the car and states it is in great condition on his forum. However, the one on cars.com is a non-power optioned car and that is something I like very much:cool: You may want to contact Jack and weigh your options before making a decision.

Jack Cotton has an 86 GN for sale, similar mileage for I think 15,500. I'm sure he has looked over the car and states it is in great condition on his forum. However, the one on cars.com is a non-power optioned car and that is something I like very much:cool: You may want to contact Jack and weigh your options before making a decision.
Ok, not to sound noobish but whos Jack C. and how do I find him. I'm not really concerned about bells an whisles so non optioned car sounds fine. Any contact info is welcome.:wink:

So now I have a ton of pics of the original car I posted about. It's been 13+ years since my last ownership. Can I forward these to one of you pro's for input and a fair offer that won't insult the original owner? I must admit, I'm truely impressed with them. Thank's for any help. David

IMHO, for a low mileage ONE OWNER, his price isn't far off at all. If it were mine I'd sure be looking to get close to that. I certainly wouldn't accept $15,000 for something like that.

IMHO, for a low mileage ONE OWNER, his price isn't far off at all. If it were mine I'd sure be looking to get close to that. I certainly wouldn't accept $15,000 for something like that.

I agree Dave correct cars are going to get even harder to find..

I bought a 1 owner 86 GN last December. It had 105K miles. Non smoker. I paid $13,500 delivered. I had it painted and a few more items replaced. It's a nice driver and I get ALOT of compliments. I bought it without seeing it.
If I would have known it needed paint,I wouldn't have paid as much. What I'm trying to say is either look yorself at it or have a board member look at it. If paint is original,it probably need paint.

There was one in lombard ill at a car dealer with 17,000 miles.They want 23,000 for it.I looked at it for a member here that was out of state.The car has been painted and they could not tell me why.38,000 miles for 18 stacks is right on for that car except for what someone said above Its a buyers market and there are people taking advantage of it so you should offer 13,000 and go from there.good luck

Event Date Event Location Odometer Reading Data Source Event Detail
09/02/1986 CARMEL, IN 9,000 Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:88227171027)
07/16/1993 MESA, AZ 23,069 Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:H2JD931960049)
07/17/1996 MESA, AZ Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
07/10/1997 MESA, AZ Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
07/13/1998 MESA, AZ Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
07/21/1999 MESA, AZ Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
07/09/2000 MESA, AZ Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
07/14/2001 MESA, AZ 112,000 Independent Emission Source PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
07/18/2001 MESA, AZ Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
07/08/2002 MESA, AZ Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
07/31/2003 MESA, AZ Independent Emission Source PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
07/06/2005 MESA, AZ Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
07/06/2005 MESA, AZ Independent Emission Source PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
07/13/2007 MESA, AZ Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
07/13/2007 MESA, AZ Independent Emission Source PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
07/16/2009 AZ Independent Emission Source PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
07/18/2009 MESA, AZ Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL

Back