Anyone Know What These Parts Are?

~JM~

Wrinkled Member
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg20230926_104753(1).jpg20230926_104833.jpg20230926_104917.jpg20230926_104931.jpg20230926_105008.jpg

Maybe late 70's, early 80's turbo regal.
The intake shows a 79 date I think.
Not real popular these days.

Penny a pound scrap metal, but one of us needs it.......LOL

Don't toss it yet.

Exhaust manifold and crossover pipe is '79-'80 turbo. Cast iron elbow not a Buick part. Parts on the red rag aren't turbo Buick parts except for the oil pump spacer plate (for longer pump gears that no one uses). The brackets are from a carbed turbo engine but I have no idea what the shield or the plastic piece in the picture is from. And the cast iron intake is a '79 turbo intake. It should have the casting number 1261568 on top of the intake.

There are a bunch of mixed parts in two plastic totes. Some Buick, some not. Like to find a home for whatever I can.

I believe this was stuff from someone who had passed away.

Approximately where would I find that number?
On the '79 intake, the casting number is at the back edge of the intake next to the EGR tower. There is a large hole next to it for the turbo oil return.

On the '79 intake, the casting number is at the back edge of the intake next to the EGR tower. There is a large hole next to it for the turbo oil return.
What is the other large hole for? On the other side of EGR tower.

That cast iron elbow with the O2 sensor is an interesting part.

Can't begin to guess what those figure eight looking parts are. They have wet engine oil on them. Most everything else is either dry, or greasy.

Thank you.

Anyone interested in this stuff?

I keep hoping you'll post pictures of something I need. Have anything that looks like one of these?

IMG_1790.JPG

That's it. Looks salvageable. Put me down on that part. Gonna list any other parts?

It's yours. PM me with your mailing address. What is that part?

I have 3 engine blocks (only one is a "turbo" engine) in various states of disassembly with the parts thrown into a couple boxes. Looks like everything has been moved around a few times causing the smaller parts to migrate to the bottom & then damaged by the heavier pieces. One block has been machined & cam bearings installed. Unfortunately there wasn't any preservative applied & is now covered with surface rust. There is what looks like a camshaft thrust plate & a SB Chevy oil pump, along with some other mystery parts.

Have 3 discarded timing chains/lower sprockets. One sprocket has the nylon teeth.

It's a Power Enrichment Vacuum Regulator, otherwise referred to as a PEVR valve. Draw through turbo carbs are special and use circuitry that needs that valve for a power enrichment vacuum signal. Where are you located? Sent you a PM.

"Dogbone things" are SBC stock Hydraulic lifter guides that hold the lifters parallel so the rollers follow the cam lobes correctly. New the set of 8 is about $25.00
TIMINATOR

"Dogbone things" are SBC stock Hydraulic lifter guides that hold the lifters parallel so the rollers follow the cam lobes correctly. New the set of 8 is about $25.00
TIMINATOR
I had thought they might be for roller lifters. There are only 6 of them though.