You can type here any text you want

Anyone live near Minooka, IL?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

coolguywalt

I would like someone to see if they can check out a car at a dealership for me. It's a 89 Turbo Trans-Am and I want to have someone who knows anything about TTA's to go through it and tell me if it has any real problems/concerns.

Simotes Motors
300 Ridge Road
Minooka, IL 60447

hey bud,
I left you a message on the turbobuick$.com in the TTA section. That place is about a half hour drive from my school. If I think of it, I'll stop by there on tuesday or thursday and check it out. Do you have an email address where I can contact you with any info?

I emailed them about the car. I might go look at it Mon. or Tues. I will let you know if they email me back..... (Not sure if it's stil there)

It's Still There

Hey Nick, how you doin????Sorry you sold the ride, yeah the TTA is there! Nice lady too, talk to Theresa about the car, its modified though, don't know with what......
Take it easy
Steve Chambers:)

Hey Steve, how it going??? Did you look at this car? How is it? Does she know the car #? Let me know Steve! What ride do you have now?????

I wish I would have known this yesterday or today, I would have stopped and looked at it as I drove right past there!
Here's the deal on Simotes though...be very careful about buying stuff from them as most of the time they have cars that were wholesaled from other dealers or were wrecked cars that were fixed.
I'm not at all saying that there is anything wrong with this car, but whoever you have check it out, make sure they check it out really good and maybe try to get the previous owners contact info.

Good Advice Dan,

Good advice Dan, the asking price was definitely a warning sign for me.....I don't think the lady really "knows" the car, all she knows is that there is a lot of interest in it.....I think someone ran the carfax and it didn't display any REAL records on it til 1993.

Hey Nick,

Sold the last GN got another one sitting in the garage being operated on.....I never forgot you comin all the way out here to give me a hand.

Take it easy, Nick drop a line sometime:D

I will swing by there this saturday and see if the car is still there. If it is, I will check it out for any of you guys. If anyone wants, I'll take it for a drive.
Only thing is, I don't know everything to look for on TTA...so someone would have to tell me what exactly to check for. :)

Dan K~

You can go to http://www.89tta.com and check out their FAQ section. There, they have a section on what to look for. I have the lady doing my credit stuff tomorrow morning. She wanted me to let you know that if someone stops by to check it out the car, if you could tell her it is for Walt, or the guy in Colorado, so she knows who the person is b/c of all the responses she has gotten on the car.

Walt,
I will swing by there saturday morning and check it out.
I printed the checklist out that you pointed me towards and I will take it with me.
If you want me to, I will drive the car and feel it out a little.
If there is anything specific that you want me to look at shoot me an e-mail here.

Dan K, are you going for sure on Sat.? I was going to go Sat. morning as well for Walt...Let me know:)

I go from Ottawa to Chicago every saturday and sunday, so I will definitely be stopping by to check out the car for Walt if he still wants me to.
Glen is possibly meeting me there too.
If you still want to swing out that way, the more the merrier. :)

Hey Walt, what is the ladies name that you were talking to?

Walt emailed me today. Someone else was going to test drive it today. Not sure if it's still for sale? I have talked with Tina over there. You guys let me know what time your going to go on Sat. if it's stil there. I talked with Glen a few times. I has a WE4 he was interested in a while back. He lives out by my parents house. I guess we have to wait to hear from Walt to see if the car will still be there.....:)

Well, I talked to Tina today and she pretty much gave me the low-down on the car: new struts and brakes, recent rebuild of transmission, new tires up front, might need new rubber in rear, headliner might need replacing in next few years (kinda loose), carpet in pretty good shape, seats in excellent shape, glass t-tops, headlights lower/raise quickly and evenly,.......that's pretty much it. I am about 99% sure I am going to get this car, I am just waiting for the test drive from you guys to see if there is anything she is not saying.

Then I will be there saturday morning around 10 to drive it, unless someone else is going to get there before me and drive it. fatride? Glen?
Either way I'll stop and check it out since it's about 200 feet out of my way. :)

Let me know if you are going that early. I was going to go after work around 2pm. Just let me know if your going to go at 10am. If so you might save me over anhour drive. If not, anything for a fellow TB. member! If you do go let us know how the car is! Keep me posted.
Nick:D

Tina at Simotes told me today that someone (don't know who, but apparently the person emailed her) is going to go there tomorrow. She wanted me to let whoever is going tomorrow to give her a call on her cell phone for work so she can be there when you take the test drive. Her number is: 815-671-6162. Thanks again, whoever you are.

Dan, I'll try and make it there at 10. I doubt they'd let me drive the car, they'd probably think I'm just a kid dreaming.

Back