You can type here any text you want

Anyone recognize these rear lower control arms/ sway bar?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Squid4life

Anyone recognize these? HUGE rear sway, and big beefy LCAs. Sway bar mounts on the LCAs are in a non-stock location, and the mounting angles are different. I have an upper too, and it is chromed. ( only one though) :(

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1376108342.619812.jpg

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1376108356.085990.jpg

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1376108367.620399.jpg

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1376108381.920265.jpg

Looks like a 13/8 atr rear bar

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

ATR bar bolts to stock LCAs, or at least has the same bolt hole/mounting arrangement, this bar does not. This bar only works with these LCA, and vice versa. I should have gotten a pic of the difference in angles on the outside of the bar where it mounts to the LCAs. You can see by the brackets welded on the LCAs, the mounting angle is way different than the stock angle. Not sure if these are a one-off set or not.

In pic 2, check out the angle of the bracket. Stock config would be parallel to the lca itself. Very odd.

That bar was made for an A body car. I've got one just like it for a mid 70's monte ect. My guess is someone made it before after market arms were really available for a G body car.

Charlie, thanks for the reply. This thing is huge! Neal and I were wondering if it was off a dually or a motorhome! :)

Would be great for a sick car that leaves hard or someone doing a pro touring build.

Back